More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Old mobo + RX580

I have a Sapphire Pure White E350 motherboard (from around 2012 I guess) with one PCI express 2.0 x16 physical slot, but only 4 lanes. When I start HiveOS with the integrated AMD graphics, it boots flawlessly, however when I insert my Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 (4GB) it fails to boot. Screen is black and numlock is not lit on the keyboard, so it cannot POST. Fans are spinning (both CPU and RX580). If I set the force iGPU option, I get some text: AMD Fusion VBIOS… for a fracture of a second, then the screen gets scrambled/freezed. Does this setup supposed to work, I mean can the PCIex 2.0 and 4 lanes be an issue ? PSU is 450W Corsair. In the BIOS there are some strange options I have never met before. Here are the menus/options in the BIOS:
http://asia.dl.sapphiretech.com/archive/gm/drivers/IPC-E350M1%20user%20manual%2020110210%20V11_634889317930486001.pdf
This is for the Sapphire Pure Fusion Mini E350, but options are roughly the same for my motherboard.
I attach also a picture from the BIOS screen that contains the most relevant settings (I guess at least):

Do you have an idea what should I try?

Do you have another vga to try? Or another board to test your card on?

Thanks, I managed to make it work but I don’t know which was the setting that made the difference. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.