More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti Error watt and fan% not shown not mining

Hi guys recently I have problem with one of my rig consist of 6x RTX 3060 Ti
one of my card are not able to mine.

Current condition:

1. GPU #5 watt not showing, when I check with nvidia-smi, it throws error on that card
  2. I don’t know why but on idle, all other card fans are off which is correct behaviour because I didn’t set any values on fan%. But this GPU #5 fans are spinning and it looks like it being used(state: P0) I try to see what process and didn’t find anything.

What I have done:

1. Reinstall Clean Hiveos Image
  2. Change riser and usb
  3. Clear all OC Values and flight sheet.

Any help or thought guys? Is my gpu dead?
Thanks before

1 Like

Don’t run them with no oc, leave the locked core clock at the very least. Typically the driver will crash and show 0% fan speed from poor oc, or faulty riser/cables etc. move parts around to troubleshoot and see what part the issue follows

Hi, thanks for your suggestion. The problem is that I cannot set OC for that particular one card. Setting OC will always fail. I did already move around pci slot / riser / usb cable. Still the issue persist for that same card.

Usually when settings OC too high, the miner will still able to run but after sometime give 0% fan and half hashrate. Reboot will bring back normal speed or reduce oc will make it more stable long run.
But this one behaves differently, reboot will still give 0% fan even when miner not started yet, heck I cannot even start any miner if I include this card :frowning:

Have you tested that card by itself? Does it have a working display output? Always leave the locked core clock setting applied when troubleshooting, the memory clock is what will be crashing it if anything.

Hi thanks for your reply. I test the card on my personal computer and it give no display. confirm the card broken. I have sent it to rma, the problem is not closed

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.