More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Nvidia Overclock not setting - X Server Error

Hello, I’m new to mining and HiveOS, and I am getting an error when trying to apply overclock settings to my GPUs. The only setting that applies is the power setting. Since it is an X Server error, I’m thinking it must be a setting in the OS somewhere. I’m running 3 Nvidia GPUs and my HiveOS installation is at version 0.6-211@211102. Any ideas on what I can do to remedy this issue so I can successfully apply OC settings to my Nvidia cards?

Make sure under worker options you have gui on boot turned on.

Thanks, I have that set to auto; should it be set to enabled?

Yeah you can try setting it to enabled and see if that helps.

Just gave it a try, and unfortunately still getting the same error. Not sure what else to try, could it be something with the cards themselves?

You can try looking at the log file for your X server. You can either ssh into the box and look at /var/log/Xorg.0.log or use the run command option to run cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log

That log might have an error or warning in it which could prove useful for tracking down the issue.

Looks like I get this error:

A quick internet search didn’t really bring up much. Could it be due to the version of my X Server and it needs an update/upgrade? I wasn’t able to find documentation on upgrading either.

it happen to me.
i just re-install the Nvidia Driver into the stabble one, then i change the hive OS also into the stable one .
you can check using "nvidia-driver-update – list "
then using " hive-replace -y --stable "

now mine working fine.

Downgrading to the stable version of Hive OS worked, thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.