More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

No AMD GPUs found as /sys/class/drm/card/device/pp_table

I have clean install of Hiveos with never touch upgrade or OC, on hiveos-0.6-203-stable@210403, mobod TB360-BTC Pro

this is first time using this mobod, flightsheet is for Ravencion on RTM , I think bios settings are ok, same as I’ve used on other biostar boards. When I do amd-info on hiveos I get error ls: cannot access ‘/sys/class/drm/card/device/pp_table’: No such file or directory
No AMD GPUs found as /sys/class/drm/card/device/pp_table

Update:
Flash mobod bios to latest, tried Gen1, CSM yes and no, 4G yes, tried gminer, same results. No device found. Use slot 1 PCIe 1x with riser , gpu/riser tried different power supplies. tried different gpu’s, different risers, different slots

PCIe set to Gen2, CSM on, Miner on, 4G on.

Running Hiveos upgrade to 604
That was weird, it upgraded to 0.6-203@210712 when i selected 604, I have to assume I got a crappy board. RMAing it to Biostar.

whats the GPU u want to use?

I have a mix of AMD 480’s and 580’s, mostly 4gb, 1 8gb.

Ok, I made some progress,

1st: I changed boards to an Asus Z390, initially had same no device recognized, so I put gpu in full PCIe slot and device is recognized BUT get error message: device not supported for algorithm. no devices for mining.
Flightsheet and gpu:
Ravencoin, supernova pool, gminer

gpu spec: Radeon RX 480 4096 MB · MSI
SK Hynix H5GC4H24AJR · 113-MSITV341MH.1M0

Found comments on Reddit, someone had success with nanominer, so I updated flightsheet to use nanominer, success with full slot pcie, so tried pcie 1x w/ different gpu, failed to recognize, so I changed back to above gpu, changed riser and slot, success. next steps will be to migrate back to Biostar and do test again with this gpu and riser. I had tried different risers before, so I’m wondering if my other gpu’s are bricked/bios issue somehow. Will move back to biostar TB360 and give update.

2 Likes

So, did it worked for you? having the same issue…already disconnected everything…Card is up to date,drivers ok.

GIF-220107_102754

I’m having the same issue. except this is what my screen is doing. does anyone have any idea what the resolve might be?

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.