More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

New to Mining with RX 580 4Gb

I have the card working with Hive ver 0.6-190@210106, 23.5 MH now.

I am having problems with my other card on the other rig though. I can not get more than 18MH now!!

still working on the other card. I used to get 24MH.

I wish you good luck and I will be very greatful if you share later what is going on with your second one, because I work on 18.6Mh (HiveOs 0.6-190@210218, lolminer 1.22)

Well, I got the other one working at 24 also.
I have an H110 D3a gigabyte board.
I had to set the default, mining setup advised by Gigabyte, Enable GEN2
Hiveos version 0.6-200@210302.
Good luck to you.

1 Like

I use normal bios mode on the motherboard, Do you think that I have to enable the integrated VGA on the board. I did not try this yet. I have also mining mode in the BIOS , and I think that this what exactly do.

Because you have PCI Express X16 Gen3 which has higher bandwidth than PCI Express X16 Gen 2 (8GT/s vs 5GT/s). On PCI Express x16 Gen2 I did 19,5/20Mh

i am using GEN2 on the H110, and the other board is a very old regular HP pc.

Any modifications? Can you show what OC parameters you have and what parameters on lolMiner?

No

modifications.

Hello mates, I just set up my motherboard BIOS on mining mode. I use lolminer 1.24a and I have a little bit increase of the hash rate - 21,4Mh. But now my GPU works on PCI-e 16x gen2 instead of gen3 how it was before. I think that if I was gen3 I would have more hashrate.
Lolminer at auto settings - that give me best result.
Any ideas?
wkholl - I would advice you to use REF 30 instead 20 it has matter for me.

I canā€™t pass ~18MH, any ideas? I put cards to PCI-e x16 Gen2 slots, but Link width has changed to x8 - is it lowering hashrate? Any more ideas? (I changed alloc size to 4078)

Usually when you have 2 pci-e 16x slots and use them both one of them is 16x other is 8x. Could you check in the Motherboard bios for some settings for those slots. I am also curios how my pci-e work on gen3 and when I activated mining mode it goes on gen2.
Your pci-e link width x8 is twice less speed than x16.
GEN2 x8 =4GB/s
GEN2 x16 = 8GB/s = GEN3 x8
GEN3 x16 = 16GB/s

make one of them x16 and your hash will be better.

Im an old overclocker so I know something about motherboard bioses (forgot maybe a little bit but ā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue: ). There is no option to force on my motherboard pci-e x16 on first slot, and pci-e x8 on second slot. Yesterday I put only one RX570 to first slot with x16 and hashrate was ~19,5Mh. So I still donā€™t know whats going on. Maybe there is an issue with gen2 x16 and gen3 x16 pci-e or something in lolminer settings?

Today I forced my PCI-e to work on gen3 x16, but instead to increase hashrate it drops from 21,4 to 20Mh? Any suggestions? Everything is the same except pci-e x16 generation.

Hi guys.

1. In order to get maximum speed you have to be on a PCIEx16 slot (gen 2 or 3). Look also at lolMiner -

Me I get 20.5 at it with my RX570 4GB. In the second PCIEx16 my Ashrovk B250 Pro it is probably x8 and I get 13.3-14Mh. In the PCIEx1 with a riser I get 7.5Mh. Any way to get the first to 24 and second near to 20?

1. Other issue. On the second slot, speed is degrading with rising eras. In the first solid as a rock. Any ideas there?

This is my setting and hashrate
Card1 work on PCIEx16,Card2 work on PCIEx8
It is hard to find one board within PCIEx162 or PCIEx163 or PCIEx16*4 cheaply
As i know,only x58,x79,x99,x299 and sone WS board with PCIE switch can provide more PCIEx16
Who can share some cheap board with more PCIEx16?

Hi Everyone

I currently have a Sapphire Pulse 5600 XT 6GB currently getting 40.00 MH. I wanted to add a Sapphire AMD RX 580 4GB to my system to increase daily hash as it looks like GPUā€™s wont be restocked for a while. Would it be possible to add the RX 580 to my current board running concurrently with my 5600 XT 6GB > :

My Board :
Z370 AORUS ULTRA GAMING WIFI
My Board
Expansion Slots
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)

• For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
    1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8)
  • The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16 slot. When the PCIEX8 slot is populated, the PCIEX16 slot operates at up to x8 mode.
    1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
  • The PCIEX4 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX1_2 and PCIEX1_3 slots. When the PCIEX1_2 or PCIEX1_3 slot is populated, the PCIEX4 slot will operate at up to x1 mode.
    3 x PCI Express x1 slots
    (All of the PCI Express slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
    Multi-Graphics Technology
    Support for NVIDIAĀ® Quad-GPU SLIā„¢ and 2-Way NVIDIAĀ® SLIā„¢ technologies
    Support for AMD Quad-GPU CrossFireā„¢ and 3-Way/2-Way AMD CrossFireā„¢ technologies

Iā€™m currently using NBminer at the moment on 1 GPU. Ive seen the rx 580 can reach 29MH. Currently on windows 10 as I only have 1 PC at the moment I use whilst mining but Iā€™ve researched to run a 4GB card you have to use linux zombie mode on lolminer. Can I get the 5600xt 6gb & rx580 4gb running on my board.

Thank You for your time.

HI. Do you still have this configuration? And do they work fine, because I have similar but with much lower overclocking settings?
please respond ASAP

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.