More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

New to HiveOS, Having trouble with some settings and OC

There’s two topics here, which is why I put it in General instead of AMD Cards.

I’ve had a 3 card rig setup since Nov. and have been using NBMiner. I’ve finally managed to get 3 AMD cards, an MSI RX6800, ASUS 5700XT Blower version, and a Gigabyte 5700XT.

I’ve been mining in Windows, and have my 5700XT’s BIOS flashed. I’ve been achieving ~175MH in windows, though may need to reduce OC settings in Wattman as it still crashes from time to time.

I’ve been playing with HiveOS for a couple of days trying to get the hang of things, but I don’t understand the OC compared to Windows.
I’m just using settings found on MiningChamber which work in Windows, but when I use the Linux version settings my hashrate remains unaffected.
I can’t seem to get above 164MH in HiveOS

The other “issue” which is less of an issue is basically which is the best way to setup mining to 2Miners but getting paid in BTC?

All I have to do in NBMiner on Windows is use my BTC address instead of an ETH address and I get payouts in BTC.

I can do this in HiveOS by just setting the BTC address in the ETH wallet, but it says “invalid address” for obvious reasons…it still works, but I’m wondering if there’s a way to set it up in the miner or miner settings so that I don’t have “invalid address” but can still get paid in BTC. I don’t really understand how to use the templates in the miner configs.

Here’s a screenshot from Windows. I’ve seen that 6800 do 64MH before, and I know it can do 63MH consistently.

Have you tried with proper memory settings yet? Your other post where the memory values we’re out of the acceptable range (it seems you were using the windows values in hive too) would be the reason for low hash rates still.

In the miner config where it says wallet address erase %wal% and replace with your btc address.

yes, I have, and am doing so now.
I have my 6800 humming away beautifully at 63MH

However I can’t seem to figure out what settings to adjust to get that one 5700XT back to 58MH in HiveOS.

The “Device 2” GPU I don’t think will go above 54.

Have you set all clocks and voltages? Post screenshots of where you’re at currently

Currently here. Trying to get GPU 0 up to 58 if I can. (I think I have to go back to 940 Mem clock)
This has me at 174MH, and if I change the clock or memclock on GPU 0 at this point it will crash, so I think I have to just tweak voltages slightly?
These are settings I’ve found online, I really am just guessing a lot here.

On windows was it stable at 58? Your screenshot above on windows shows 5 minutes uptime with no shares found so just want to make sure

I honestly can’t be certain, I’d have to look through some logs which would require me putting my Windows SSD back in.

What I can say is that it ran overnight pushing 175-176MH for at least 8 hours, but without looking at the logs I can’t say if that card has been running at 58MH the entire time.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.