More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

New rig assistance

Hey all,

Had been doing research and decided to enter into purchasing my first rig and GPU and getting started, however after 4 days I have made no progress, nothing works, the rig builder was unable to get it going and none of the instructions provided seem to line up with what I try and do.

Any help I could get would be awesome, to start with I have this set up.

I went through the steps and flashed my usb to install hive os, I made my farm but I can not detect a worker no matter what I do, if I click on add rig I get that screen that tells you how to flash and install, done that. Rig ended up constantly having an NV TOOL 12 error that I could not get rid of.

Got told to update to latest gpu and hive drivers, did that. Error stayed. Still couldn’t start mining, then got advised to roll back a hiveos version. So got told to head to another website and downloaded that and reflashed, cant get that to install, this one didnt have the .conf file in it.

According to my screen I need to set up a worker to get the .conf on one page, the next page says when I have set up my worker I will get the .conf file to add my rig?!

Deleted whole farm to start again, did that, wont even detect a worker now - I get that stupid screen telling me how to install flash again. Googling says to get the old version on get into bios by pressing F7. Cant seem to get into there either… any of the instructions I have found after messing around for 4 nights do not work…

I am a total newbie to this but I have never had an issue setting up/building anything in the past and even then there was normally something that worked online. I also don’t mind a challenge but after 4 nights of this just to get a worker added, losing its appeal…

I would start by adding some detail, ie what graphics cards are installed, screen shots of errors

getting in to the bios should be an option on the menu when the machine boots, it goes by quickly (about 3 seconds) on the boot so you have to be quick. You can change that setting once you are in the bios edit page.

your problem sounds different than mine, but you might find that changing the pcie link speed in the BIOS is required, need to change it to GEN2. Also make sure you have a cmos battery in the mother board, in order to save any bios settings. apparently they are not allowed to ship from China with the batterys in a computer

1 Like

When you add a new worker in HiveOS, you are given a rig name and a rig password, write those down.

Plug a monitor in your rig, start it up, let it boot into HiveOS, then write in the command console:

firstrun -f

This will start the first run setup for your rig, where it edits the rig.conf file

It asks four questions:

• your internet connection
  • your rig’s name
  • your rig’s password
  • would these settings be the auto setting for all of your rigs, y or n (choose n)

After these questions are answered, the rig will automatically upgrade itself, then you will see your rig showing up in the OS.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.