More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

NEED HELP with BIOS for 3070 rig

Hi,

I’ve been trying to setup a mining rig using 5 3070’s, and have spent the last week trying to get my ASRock x570 Extreme4 to recognize more then 2 gpu’s. Yet, everytime I plug in more then 2, Windows 11 nor HiveOS will launch. With 2 gpu’s I can boot everything, but HiveOS is showing only 30w of power to one and not showing the fan, core, mem or kern. And it leaves me having to shut it down because the gpu begins to reach 80*C quick. I’ve used several different risers, and plugged in different gpus into different ports, and still the same issue. It has to be something with the BIOS, but I can’t figure it out. I’d also like to add that I have 2 Seasonic Focus 850wGold PSUs, and have tried running 1 gpu on each to see if the wattage would go up. I also have to use the GPU as the display adapter due to the fact my 5600x does not contain a chipset for onboard graphics. I’ve enabled the 4g/mining in BIOS, even though it requires me to disable CMD. I’ve set all pcie ports to Gen 1 and 2. Neither solved the issue. I’ve used the OC setting in HiveOS to set fan speeds, mem and core, yet GPU0 never reacts. I’ve tried updating the Kern and nvidia graphics to the “455.18.01?” update that was recommended to work best. I can’t remember the version everyone was talking about now. I truly don’t know what I’m doing wrong. There is something about the x570 mobo that I’m missing.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.