More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Need help RX 6600 XT one card is not overclocking

cool, and do you have one or two NVME drives in the two M.2 slots?

Just one in slot m.2_1. Should I move it to slot 2?

** Asuuming your rig is dedicated to mining ** (not suitable for gaming AND mining rigs)

yup, I would suggest moving the NVME drive to M.2_2 slot (the other M.2 slot) This will make the disk data go via the B550 chipset. There is ample bandwidth CPU-to/from-Chipset on the B550 chipset. HiveOS is Linux so runs in RAM, you don’t need fast disk access at all. I would actually remove the NVME drive altogether, its probably consuming 4 PCIE lanes.

Slot M.2_1 now leaves 4x PCIE lanes directly to the CPU so pop a M.2 to PCIE 4x adapter in there and pop the 4-port Splitter in that. If you use the 16x slot with a 4-port Splitter and the M.2_1 with an adapter and a 4-port Splitter you should be getting all eight GPUs on the fast PCIE lanes directly to the CPU (and not via the B550 chipset which will introduce a little bit of latency).

If that does not work and fix the low hashrate on your GPU1 then its probably b*ggered. Swap out the risers, cables, etc and try again.

These are super cheap SATA SSDs so they dont (directly) consume PCIE lanes. They run off the B550 chipset and a SATA port without issue;

1 Like

Unfortunately that did not work… I installed an SSD I wasn’t using and it still doesn’t the same thing. However, I am getting higher results… I feel like I’m getting close.

I will keep moving stuff around and see if I can get it to work.

Thank you so much for all your help. I should get my wall meter soon, I’ll see how much I draw.

Shame that did not work but good news you are getting better results. Keep trying mate! Might want to get that dodgey GPU looked at.

This is my worst performing RX 6600 XT and that gets about 31.98MH/s. These are loose OCs, maybe see if they work for your naughty GPU;

Try these settings. Works for me.

with teamredminer

The Ryzen 5600x has 20 PCI-E lanes (16x GPU + 4x storage/NVME, etc.) in addition to whatever the B550 chipset can provide (10, if memory serves me correctly), so you should have plenty of lanes. The Intel 2.5GBps NIC, by the way, will use a PCI-E lane (from the B550 chipset). There are still plenty of lanes available.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.