More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

NBminer extra config arguments error

Hey folks,

I am having issues in hiveos using NBminer, miner won’t start and has errors when I log into shell.

It has to do with extra config arguments, I have a mixed rig and want to only use nbminer for my nvidia cards.

Can someone straighten me out, I have tried both:
“platform”: 1
“devices”: ”0,1”

“platform” 1
“devices”: “0,1”

“platform”: 1

None of these succeeded, not even going to start trying to figure out the “lhr 85” commands until I can successfully get nbminer working on my rig. I have TRM running my amd cards because I am dual mining ERG+ZIL and no nvidia miners have dual mining for ERG+ZIL currently, except nanominer, but it gave worse hashrate and higher power consumption to my rig.

Thank you

most likely the error lies in the quotation marks, they should be straight, and you have curly
This often happens when copying from text editors such as Word or some messengers.

Proper quotation mark " "
Wrong quotation mark “ ”

That could be, I was typing them in via my iPhone and not through shell command

Don’t know if you resolved this, so I’ll add this hoping it can help you. When miner runs, actually the command line will look like this:

nbminer -o nicehash+tcp://daggerhashimoto.eu.nicehash.com:3353 -a ethash -u 3blablabla --no-watchdog -d 1 --api 127.0.0.1:4000

The device part is option “-d” and you can specify one or more devices identified by their ID.

So I could have -d 0 or -d 1 or even -d 0,1.

What you’re showing is a configuration in JSON format I suppose, where data is in KEY:VALUE format. So the colon must be there, as following

“platform”: 1 <<<correct
“platform” 1 <<< wrong

A list of numeric values could be like this:

“devices”: [0,1]

Just guessing seen as I’m looking at nbminer from the lower level!

Hi i am unable to get the dual mining (ETH+ZIL) to work on NB miner, can someone please show me how to set it up or maybe show screen shot of their extra config.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.