More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Nbminer always crashes with code 8 after a few hours

Yes, the current rejected share is from the 2060s. I will try to set up a locked core on it as well, but that card is a mess, nothing really works with this one. The setup that you see there is the most profitable one that I could figure out and it’s still far away from the optimal mh/s for that card. Silicon lottery I guess.

What does it get with 1100 to 1200 core clock?

Previously I set up 120 core clock on that 2060s and I got around 39.2mh/s. That’s the best that I could get with this one. Now doesn’t matter which locked value I try I can’t get more than 38.5. I don’t understand it. I tried with 1100, 1200 and even lower/higher. Basically no reaction, 38.5 and nothing is increasing or decreasing. This card is a strange one. Or maybe the changes are not activating for some reason.

Yeah should fall under the same min/max core/mem rule like every other nonlhr for best results.

If you run nvtool --throttle Does it show any throttling?

In fact it does.

I removed the powerlimit completely for that card but nvtool is still saying it’s powerlimited. Strange.

Something is fishy here… it says different core clock as well (I set it up to 1100). I also tried to reboot the rig completely. It seems the power limit and the core clock is not changing for some reason. Do you have any idea what is going on with this card?

set the power limit to the max that bios can do, in your case 175w. then try again

Another issue. Anytime when I stop the miner the system is dropping the 2060s GPU until I reboot the rig. If I try to run any commands it says 0 Mhz Unknown error and unsupported GPU.

If I reboot the rig it works again but everything is the same. As soon as I stop the miner this one is lost again and I have to reboot to get it back. I really need to figure out what is going on

reduce mem clock until its stable

I still don’t understand this GPU. I reduced the memory clock to 1600 but it’s still saying it’s throttling and the reported core clock is 990 instead of the configured 1100. Can it be thermal throttling? But the reported temperature is only 53 celsius. I’m lost.

Sometimes the core goes up by itself to 1095 but I never seen a higher value, doesn’t matter what I enter in Hive.

Also, nbminer is still restarting after a few hours, even after modifying the OCs as you suggested.

Did you set the power limit to 175?

Yes, I tried setting it to 175 and even tried to remove the power limit completely (0). No change. This card is not behaving correctly.

When set to 175w and rebooting after, does it show it’s throttling?

Unfortunately yes.

It seems this is a common problem with these cards…

Why not use newer miners?.. NBMiner is really unupdated

Which one do you recommend? I remember I tried a lot of them when I moved to Hive but none of those were as stable as Trex and Nbminer. I used these on Windows as well.

You are having problem with some Memories GPUs you will get with lol which is the GPU problem.
Using nicehash add --enablezilcache in the configuration with lolminer to do faster movements in the Nicehash changes DAGs.

For example that helps me a lot to know which GPU is over Memory:
imagen

Also if you check pools resulats at Analysus Hash at the pool you will see the results are good. I also not recommend to split miners, If 6 gpus gets 5 shares, splitting 3+3 gpus don’t get 2.5+2.5 shares, they get 2+2, that is 1 share less.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.