More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

[n00b]: How to set -lhr mode of NBMiner in HiveOS flightsheet?

Hi
I just bought my first Palit RTX 3060 Dual OC and want to set the NBMiner -lhr flag. I’m using hiveOS but I can’t figure out where to set these additional command line flags in HiveOS flightsheet.
My setup
NBMiner - v39.7
HiveOS - 0.6-211@211102
Hashing at ~35Mh/s, or approx 0.75 shares/Mh/Hour

This is my first time with nbminer coz I read about 3060 LHR bypass. I started two weeks ago with a 1660S on trex-HiveOS hashing beautifully at 31.8 with 77W power draw.
Also any tips on how to improve hashing or performance, OC settings on this card most welcome.

Thanks

In the extra config put the following: “lhr”: “xxx” where xxx is the value you want. So. “lhr”: “75” will give you 75%

Thanks @ravadac But only marginal improvement of 0.5 to 0.7 in hash rate from 35 to 35.5-35.71 range.

Is it coz of my OC settings ?

Also, is there a place in miner logs where nbminer shows that the LHR unlock mode is effective and working. I think I saw only an initial comment that LHR mode detected…but nowhere does it say that nbminer is working with -lhr mode.

you dont have the correct syntax in your screenshot.

in the latest nbminer, you don’t have to put any extra arguments… the lhr-mode is by default 1 and unlocks 75% of the full hashrate… your current hashrate is fine… your power consumption though is high… set pl to 120 and core between 1400 and 1500 which will limit max to 105W

p.s.: also set the fan between 65 to 75 to achieve better temps

p.p.s: for mem values, try between 2400 and 2600, in 50 increments, to find the best oc settings for your card

3 Likes

Can you please show me the correct syntax
Though for now I do think it kept hashing at default 68% or something.

Click the info bubble in the miner config. Each miner will show you the correct syntax for commands. Aka spacing and characters etc. image

2 Likes

trythose settings :

I got more Hashrate like 43 by increasing the memory, but I prefer having lower fans and temperature on my cards to keep them longer

LHR is set by default in the lastest Nbminer, I didn’t add a line

1 Like

Thanks @keaton_hiveon @xandi8207 and
@P3t3r835 - do you get these hashrates after any BIOS updates or stock card with just these OCs?
I haven’t updated any BIOS nor the dummy HDMI adapter yet. Stock Palit card (plain 3060, not Ti) inserted in a full x16 slot with video taken out from mobo’s onboard gfx
NBMiner was having other issues too for me so I switched over to trex which hashes at ~33.75-34.5 with power at 100-105 range. I’ll try these OCs too…just like to know if updating BIOS to 470.05 and all those other things are a must?

no bios update, no dummy hdmi, 3060s (no Ti), no extra arguments in latest nbminer… all cards are on PCIe 1x risers

1 Like

Thanks. I will post mine when it’s stabilised. Right now facing some bootup issues with the rig - not sure if it’s hiveos or my boot usb or something else. Switching over to windows while I fix my hiveOS boot drive

So interim update: was facing a lot of issues with nbminer crashing and then later bootup problems so I simply switched over first to trex on hiveos and then trex on Windows

In the process learnt cmd-line flags of trex which means no need to tinker with MSI Afterburner type tools on Windows. My OC settings are directly in trex batch file. Feel free to ask if something is not clear and feel free to suggest further improvements. This is the most optimal sweet spot I found between hashrates, temp and efficiency.
2_trex_CLI_OCsettings_startLogs
OC settings in windows trex batch file :point_up:
and performance :point_down:

Hope it’s useful to other 3060 newbies. It’s a finicky card for sure. And I still don’t like the inconsistent readings in logs (especially watts consumed). MY first 1660s gave a clean whistle 77W @ 31.8Mh/s for days and days without any hiccups. So maybe I just had beginner’s luck with that card.

“C:\Users\admin\Desktop\trex\t-rex-0.24.5-win\t-rex.exe” -a ethash -o stratum+tcp://eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -u 0xyourWalletAddressHere -p x -w rig0 --mt 0 --pl 70 --fan t:60 --lock-cclock 1500 --cclock 0 --mclock 1300

Thanks @xandi8207 @keaton_hiveon and @P3t3r835

Though it would still be sweet to up it to @P3t3r835 's mark at 41+Mh/s. What do you mean by increasing memory…the mclock or virtual memory page size on the card. Mine is already a 12GB card and GPUZ shows only ~5GB used. So there’s still ~7GB spare on it. Any specific steps to take hashrate close to 40ish? Thanks

@yolomine I have 3060 Ti LHR and having 41 to 43 is today good till something new is coming for LHR cards
With your 3060 getting somethinf around 35 - 36 is really correct
I haven’t do anything to my cards physically

1 Like

Thanks. Good to know Ti makes that difference.

Update on my rig: So far with t-rex on Windows:
Uptime: 15hours, @ ~34Mh/s, ~105-108W, ~60degC, Fan Speed - 70-90%.
Shares/min ~ 0.8-1

The wild fluctations have sobered down and settled at above numbers. No rejected shares and no GPU crashes.

Do you happen to know why is my 3060ti jumping non-stop between 35 and 46 Mh/s?

I’m using the latest NBMiner on HiveOS. The same card also with NBMiner was running stable at 45+ Mh/s on Windows for more than a week. I’m using the same OC settings, also tried to change it but seems it doesn’t have an impact on the fluctuation.

hi ineed help i tird setting for 3060ti lhr oc pro try memory 2900 2800 2700 2650 2600 try power 170 165 150 145 140 135 try core 1600 1630 i get invalid share after 2h or 5h or 1h :((((( now iwant try core -502 2750 120

@Conchudo I have no idea mate…this is my first 3060 too. and like i said unlike my 1660s this one swings wildly a lot both in power and hashrate. Also in general I found similar issues with NBMiner. Working system stopped and refused to boot after power restart. nbminer itself crashed a lot when it was on. But I might give a try once again later.
Try switching your miner to T-rex or lolminer…and see if that helps. And create a separate thread with full details and screenshots of hiveos or miner so that others more knowledgeable than me can help you. All the best. I’ll be following along any new topics that you create on this.

so i updated drivers to 470.05
running trex on windows for now…gfx pulled from intel onboard, no hdmi, attached to 16x slot on mobo, here are the results if anyone is curious: