More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

MSI Z390 A PRO no working ''riser''/''card''

Hello to you,

I think I am encountering problems which should not arise in normal times. I wanted to set up my first rig

Material:

GC MSI Z390 A PRO
CPU Intel I3 8100
PSU Gigabite P850
GPU 2 RX 580 (Asus and MSI)
2 RX 6700XT (MSI)
RAM 2400 mhz
Risers VER009s

The few problems I currently have are the following :

I run on HiveOS. When I plug a graphics card into one of the 16x PCie ports, everything is fine. On the other hand, when I want to put a riser on the 16x or 1x socket, although the riser lights up, the card does not turn. Even when HiveOS initialized.

I tried lots of bios config, updating the bios or even trying previous versions. I tried a lot of bios settings. I tried each port one by one, graphics card by graphics card but nothing. I used all the forums and videos available. I have no idea how to have a detection of the risers

One of the RX580 has a led which indicates whether current is flowing through the PCIe or not. Red if powered on the PCIe and white to indicate that the card has current on its 8 pin ports. On riser, the LED is white. This means that the current passes through the riser and into the card. Despite these indications, nothing turns.

Could someone refer me?

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.