More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

MSI RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio - Same Model but different hashrate

Your not understanding absolute core clock. Its not +1100 like ur thinking, its settings that Hive invented themselves to help with power consumption, its not like ur putting ur core at +1100.
You dont need to limit power using absolute core clock. It limits power and core itself automatically, its a Hive only setting. That’s what makes it great and safe.
Set ur core between 1100 and 1150 and watch ur power drop and hashrates stay the same. Set ur power limit to 0, which is auto at the same time.
Your settings were great until Hive introduced absolute core to help power consumption, your settings are out dated now. 1100core is not the 1100 ur thinking, Hive set it up.
Another thing, your temps are way to high for such a low memory setting.
Power high, means ur temps are high. Your power is to high, trust me.
Do urself another favor and set ur fans to 0 and set up ur auto fan at 50c.or 55. 60s is to high. Running ur fans at 95% all the time is using watts, especially on a Ventus 3, maybe ur ambient temps are high?.
When my ventus fan ramps up, my wattage goes up, if u use auto fan it runs the fan at the lowest setting while maintaining the temp setpoint u set. Trust me, u don’t want that at 95% 24/7.
Im trying to help u save power and make money.
Ive helped numerous people save power and maintain hashrates cuz they knew nothing about Hives absolute core clock settings.
Watch the WHOLE video below, he shows u how well it works.

The black circle is my Ventus 3.

Watch this video and thank me later …lol

1 Like

This is with ur core settings and power limit.
And bottom is absolute core.
My temp also went up with ur settings.

I will just keep 1100 and 2400. I’m getting the same Hash rates as you, but lower Watt and Temperatures. It’s also the same settings as Panda Mining.

But thank for your feedback :+1:

1 Like

Nice work.
Set up your auto fan to 50c then set ur fan setting to 0.
You dont need to keep it that cold and fans set so high.
High fan speed also use up wattage.
Give it a try.

How do u take those long screen shots?

On a desktop and edit in paint :joy:

I think this was everything. I will add more RTX 3070 when the price goes more down.

Thanks to everyone for the help :muscle:

Oh. Im on mobile.
Thanks

Dont buy the MSi cards. Get the evga. Much better gpu.

You mean the model XC3 ULTRA GAMING?

No, ftw3 ultra

Any clue to reduce the temps on 3070? I am using TeamRedMiner.

Your temps aren’t bad. Your running fine.
Didnt know u could use team redminer for Nvidia gpu?
But id set the Auto fan up to 50c. Then set the fan to 0, that way you dont have to worry about it.

@rkwjunior

Thank you for updating me :slight_smile: I have tried, you were right, I was wrong. So my next question: Is absolute core clock applicable for mining each and every coin?

Hey, just here to help. I just wish HiveOs made it more well known to everyone.
How much power did you save?
I know it works for Ergo. No sure about anything else.

Rick

@rkwjunior

I’m only running one rig 8xRTX3070 so in terms of power I saved around 30 Watts which still is good, every little helps. I have the rig set up in a really warm ambient environment so going down to 55 requires me to use air conditioning as well. Also, what are your settings for ERGO which I’m guessing is next line? And how long have you been mining on your RTX’s 3070, what would you say safe memory OC is? Thanks for your reply, regards

Actually I’m wrong about Ergo, i saw a video on 3080s on YouTube for Ergo and they used absolute core. I tried it myself for only one day and i used regular core clocks, it seemed to like regular cores in my short experience. id have to try it again.
As far as memory settings i used windows to benchmark and watch memory junction temps, then used same settings on Hive. I found that even 2700 was safe, The 3070s stay pretty cool.
But on Trex i have mine at 2575 at 62.2 MH
Gminer i use 2625. 62.2MH.
Ive only been mining for 3 months

I am using Trex for Nvidia and Team Red miner for AMD.
Using fan 0 and set core temp to 50. Will check out if it works.

Dude to my knowledge the OCs does not depend on the miner or the algorithm, i mean Absolute clock or not , the OC is set by the related OC application. than the GPU starts working with the set OC settings and then you run miners. Atleast for my AMD is like this. For Egro i think you can use your current settings and you can get double the MH/s you get with Eth.

Amds i have no idea, but for nvidia i absolutly have to change my overclocks. I will demonstrate it if ud like. I literally just did it the other day.
Pheonix miner also gave me the most invalids.
When it comes to Ergo, my eth settings do not work, i have to use regular core settings and much lower memory, and lower powee limit.
Yes it is more than double the hash rates and much lower watts depending on Gpu.
My 3080 gets 213 mh at 180 watts, -502 core, 1550 memory on Ergo nanominer.
Absolute core did not yield good hash rates and it ran warmer. I did this yesterday

very strange. for my AMD my settings worked as the ETH but i needed to adjust as you say the memory because for autolykos i think is more valuable the GPU core and memory clock. so a tweak is needed to increase a bit teh clock and to reduce the memory