More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

MSI 3080 Gaming X Trio Low Hash Rate

Hello Guys

I’ve got an MSI 3080 Gaming X trio and I know it has some issues, I read a lot of posts and youtube videos about the High temp on this GPU.

At first, I was getting 85 mhs at 102 C. Replace the thermal pads, thermal past etc and with the same OC on minerstat I was able to get 89-90 at 68C. It was a huge improvement but the main problem not is that I can’t get over 90 mh/s.

Tried on Minerstat and HiveOS, same problem. Does not matter which OC I use, it won’t go over 90 mhs. I also realized that it’s the GPU does not draw more than 203W.

I’ve seen people using the MSI Suprim X BIOS and their were able to get close 100 mhs on it.
I’ve tried to use the latest Suprim X Bios version I found on TechPower UP but nothing changed.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue ?

Thanks

I think the suprim x bios has the same power limitations on Linux, seems most people use the evga ftw3 bios for triple 8pin cards with good success.

1 Like

I’ve tried to flash the EVGA FTW3 bios but not all BIOS will be flashed on hive os sucefully. I was able to flash this Bios ( VGA Bios Collection: EVGA RTX 3080 10 GB | TechPowerUp ) but i could only get 95 mhs at 300W. When I try to increase the OC, it crashes.

Do you know if there is a better EVGA BIOS.

remove the power limiter. the 300w indicated isnt correct when using the evga bios on the msi cards

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.