More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Moving over from NiceHash Windows to HiveOS with Octominer (Issues)

Hey everyone,

I’m relatively new to the HiveOS ecosystem. I’ve parted out my old rig running windows and NiceHash and moved in to an Octominer x8Ultra with cards I know that worked before in that rig. I’ve got the flight sheet, wallet, etc. all set up but it’s showing that all my cards need but I must admit I’m unfamiliar with the command prompts.

I’m sure there is a simple explanation but I’ve not been able to find anything on the forums that relates to this issue. Most topics seem to point to HiveOS not recognizing or finding their GPUs. Mine are found but they won’t mine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I’m not even sure where to start here. I’ve uploaded a screen shot to help. I’ll be working on this this evening once I’m done work.

can you show a screenshot from your workers overview screen (click on the worker name in your last pic)

also, dont use ethminer, its outdated and unsupported.

Thanks for the reply. What miner do you recommend?

Here are the screenshots

reboot the rig first, when it doesnt show fan speed and temps that means the driver crashed and you have to reboot. i would test the 2080 by itself too, and figure out whats wrong with that card/riser/cable.

Alright, so the 2080’s power connector wasn’t fully seated. Rookie mistake. Now they all show properly and are green but still have errors.

open the miner in the shell and see what its saying

set your clocks, and turn the fan speed up.

Trex miner works best for me
Question: where you buy the octominer?

reduce clocks and reboot each time

clocks? core clock and memory clock. they are frequencies, clocks as in overclocks/underclocks. not watch

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.