More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Motherboard won't recognize GPU/riser when connected to PCIEx1 help!

Hi all,
Need your help to solve this.
I have MSI Z170 G45 gaming Mobo and have been mining with 2 GPUs connected directly to x16 PCIE Mobo ports. This motherboard has 3X16 and 4x1 PCIE ports
Problem: Got a new GPU and risers and but when I connect it using a riser to the last PCIE x 16 slot OR to any X1, the Mobo won’t recognize it… Nevertheless, if I connect the riser to one of the two primary x16 it does recognize it… I have a wifi card and it is being recognized in any x1 port, which means they are working, plus the riser and card is working as well… I can’t get to connect all 3 cards using x16 ports… Or 2x16 and 1x1…
I have updated my Mobo to the latest driver/bios and config it properly to Gen2 and mining options but can’t seem to get it to work… Any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks in advance!

Hi,
Remove your cards from PCIx 16 and put a riser on those cards…

I disconnected all GPUs and removed battery from MOBO, then I connected only 1 GPU to a PCIEx1 via riser and then reconfigure the mobo for mining. I rebooted to windows but it does not recognize the GPU still…

BIOS settings in the Z170, along with dependencies with the onboard add ons needed attention in my Asus Z170.

Disable all the unnecessary stuff, ie. iGPU, HD audio, NVMe, WiFi, etc. (WiFi is not the best option for low latency and trouble free share delivery.)

Image 12-27-21 at 5.16 PM

Alright folks, thak you very much, I plugged them all using risers and also try different risers until finally got it done and recognize them… It might have been either some missing settings or some broken risers which I assume is not so uncommon. Thank You all

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.