More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Motherboard powering off suddenly without changes

I have an older BTC-IC6SE motherboard.
Today the motherboard has powered off 3 times for no apparent reason.
Any suggestions on what may be causing this?
I installed 3 new 6600xt boards 3 days ago and it’s been working fine until this morning.
Going to get a new bios battery now to see if that fixes the issue, but other suggestions are appreciated.

Swan

The best thing to do in this case is only connect 1 GPU directly to the motherboard and see if it still crashes. If it does, it is probably nothing to do with the GPUs. Most likely related to the actual motherboard or cpu.

Thanks Seth, I’ll give that a try.
New battery didn’t fix it. Crashed after 12 minutes.

battery only maintains data for settings/config when powered off/unplugged.

Thanks Keaton, It was worth a shot and now I know the battery is new.
MB is used so I figured it couldn’t hurt. $2.29 for a 2 pack.
I’m working with @Sethtrosity 's suggestion above. been up running for 30 minutes with no issues with a single card.
How long do you suppose I should wait before installing a second card?

Apparently the cpu was overheating and powering off the MB.
One of my 1080 Ti’s was running pretty hot so I tweaked the OC settings and lowered the PL.
Also I was running the rig without external cooling fans. Turned them on and no issues now for 11 hours :crossed_fingers: the fans are pretty loud so I just ordered some be quiets to replace them.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.