More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Mixed Rig, AMD Cards will not mine but Nvidia cards will

Hello all! I’m hoping for a little help here as I’m at a bit of a loss.

I have a mixed rig with 8 AMD cards (RX 570’s) and 2 Nvidia cards. If I disconnect all the cards and boot the rig one card at a time the AMD cards will mine just fine. However, with all of the cards installed only the Nvidia cards will mine.

I have tried TeamRedMiner, lolminer, and nanominer. With all of them if I have an AMD card as part of the device list it will not work. Simply, the miner will start the process it seems of initializing the AMD cards and it will simply do nothing for a while before the rig reboots. TeamRedMiner reports that GPU initialization is dead.

If I select, for example, one AMD card and one Nvidia card via the devices command for whatever miner I’m using, it won’t work. However if I then simply take off the AMD card the Nvidia card will mine just fine.

I would assume that the driver is corrupted or something, however it mines just fine with one GPU at a time which throws me off.

I have checked BIOS settings, all lanes set to Gen2, Above 4G decoding is on. The motherboard is a Biostar TB360-Pro.

Any ideas? Thanks for any assistance!

Just by way of a little more info, I updated the BIOS and rechecked all the settings on the Motherboard with no luck. I unplugged the risers for all cards and started with just one AMD card. I can get up to 4 before the rig becomes very unstable and TRM detects a GPU dead and reboots every few minutes. I hasn’t been the same GPU it detects dead every time. Also it does start to mine at least. Still haven’t found a solution yet.

This error its from miner side… one or more Amd gpu is dying because of wrong OC settings…or problem with power…(Riser - PSU - e.t.c)

Thanks for the reply, your suspicions were right on the money it turns out. One of my cards, a Powercolor RX 580 mining version, had OC that worked just fine on another board but when swapped into this rig won’t work. I set it to the same OC as the other AMD cards which are 570’s and it works just fine, albeit with a lower hashrate (27mh/s instead of 30mh/s).

If I adjust it’s OC at all all the miners will stop, even though only one of them even targets this card for mining. VERY odd challenge, I would imagine if a card died only the miner that targeted that card would have problems.

Hi did you find a fix for this because I have the same problem and doing my head in, risers changed out etc

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.