More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Mining tent setup heat issues

Just started mining and built a tent to control heat in the house. Not sure how to read this degrees. Am I okay with this or what do I need to do? I have two 8 inch duct fan blowing out.

Consider a vortex approach- air needs to move over the cards hottest surfaces and be taken away and replaced with cooler air…just putting cool air into the tent isnt going to do it…you need to move the hot air out. Having cool air blown in and onto the cards and having a negative pressure on your tent with an exhaust fan slightly higher cfm than your input fan will move the hot air out… also the placement of the exhaust fan should be at the highest point of your tent and coolest input air either directly onto the cards or lowest point in tent. Exhausting hot air outside is best unless your trying to use it to heat your home in cold weather. In Las Vegas- I just switched my exhaust fan to become the cool air fan bringing in cold air from the outside since outside is now cooler than my AC indoor air. High of 69F today!

Thanks for the reply. I do have two exhaust fan blowing out. I’m not sure how to read the degree on hiveos. Are the reds room temperature or gpu memory temperature?

Well- it should have said “Workload - I think!” where the yellow arrow is pointing- not sure why my crude markup didnt save that,

those are core temps, not memory temps

the temp displayed is the gpu core temp. you need to up the fan speed on your gpus thyere cooking

Thanks everyone. I tested one of the gpu fan to 100% and the temp inside the box became red 100. Not sure if my tent is setup wrong.