More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Mining ERGO with Vega 56 & 64

Can try these settings for a little more on the samsungs, I got like + 1 or 2Mh each but I had to bump vvd up 1 setting on 3 cards when changing to these settings.
NOTE: only seems to help on the cards hashing under 190, the ones above that went down with this strap:
amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 36 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 10 --RCDWR 8

2 Likes

These are my stable Gigabyte Hynix straps:

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 36 --RP 13 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 22 --REF 65535 --RFC 239 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 20 --RCDWR 14

1 Like

I am running RC 37 on the Samsungs yes. I will try on 36 and see how that goes.

Hynix on RC 35 has been running fine for 16 hours so Iā€™m getting a good feeling about that.

Yep I agree with your findings. I tried your aggressive Samsung straps and it only benefited the card running under 900 mem. This makes me suspect the tight timings may introduce internal memory errors at higher clocks, which takes away from hashrate.

1 Like

Greetings all, First post here but Iā€™m trying to get my vega 64 to mine Ergo but pay to my Nicehash account.
Iā€™ve been doing it through NBminer but would like to get it setup through Hive.
Problem is Iā€™ve only been getting 160mh @ 300 watts!! (its water cooled)
I just found the other post about setting it up to pay nicehash but not sure which miner to go with?
Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Vega64 eth|670x500

hey mate , i could be wrong but from what i see and read plus from my experience - teamredminer you cant go wrong.

Have you tried some of the tweaks above > most have worked for me accept two pain in the ass cards .

Correct me if im wrong guys ,

im not sure about the nicehash one - i thought nicehash mines whats best then pays in btc ? im not sure if they have a wallet/wallets let alone one for ergo ? i think there arent many places for ergo - if nicehash doesnt do what you need , best to go to an exchange that supports ergo and from there you can do what you need/want ā€¦

Iā€™ve tried a few but running ss-silvers strap settings a couple post up from this for samsung Iā€™m only getting 138mhs, wattage is down to 127 which is good but canā€™t get mhs up?

I figure out how to get it to pay to nicehash so Iā€™m good there.

Just went and turned 4g memory on in bios (had forgot about that)
Still only getting 138mhashā€¦

what kind of vega 64 is it ? brand ?

Well , i havent thrown any of the cards out the window yet - but came close ā€¦

That hynix is still being a bitchā€¦

GPU 0 3 4 are vega 64s flashed to 56 - amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 36 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

GPU 1 is a asus arez 56 ( nothing done bios wise ) amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 36 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

and my best friend GPU 2 - bios flashed 56 hynix which is not far off being a door stopā€¦ i find any budge from 847 and 1370 it crashes. i have tried the ETASH amdtweaks from TRM but not luck even dropped the RDCRD down no luck. i tried some of the hynix ones in the post. i cant break the 180 with itā€¦
@ss-silver @hotness thanks heaps for the help and the pointersā€¦ next step see if i can shave some watts offā€¦

EDIT - i have not set any SOCMHZ - though in the miner they are all the same 960. im not sure what that does - is that to make sure the MEM sits at that SOCMHZ set ? ie forces it ?

Sapphire rx vega 64 refrence / blower, water cooled now.
Havenā€™t had any issues out of it.
Get 50mhs on srb miner on nicehash.
Has samsung memory according to gpuz

you using windows ? or hive ? or something else ?

Iā€™m current using hiveos, teamredminer, trying to mine ergo, hive is what im trying to tweak.

My first post above was me using nbminer in windows but it was 300wattsā€‹:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

And still vega 64 bios, canā€™t charge that currently

try memory tweak
amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 36 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

miner are blowers alsoā€¦

Here is my limited understanding of SocMhz:

• It seems there are certain auto preset levels it likes: 960, 1028, 1106
  • If you set MemMhz to 965, SocMhz will auto adjust to 1028. If you set MemMhz to 1030, SocMhz will adjust to 1106
  • It must be above or equal to MemMhz, otherwise it will push down MemMhz by 100. eg. if you limit SocMhz to 845 and set MemMhz to 847, your MemMhz will be forced down to 747
  • SocMhz can have a big impact on power usage, which is why you limit it for efficient setups

ok , so if the MEM is below 900 it goes to 960 anyway cause thats the preset. theres no lower than 960.

So for me to get lower watts i have to lower the VDD and see when it crashes - if i want to stay at the same MHS levels im hovering around. OR i drop the mhs and VDD to have less hash and power consumption?

VDD:
Yes if you are stable try reducing the VDD to lower power usage.

SocMhz:
If MemMhz doesnā€™t impact your MHs too much you can reduce it to 847, and then set SocMhz to above 847 true clock. eg. my SocMhz true is 10 mhz less than HiveOS setting, so I have to set SocMhz to 860 for it to show 850 true.
I think lower SocMhz might reduce power usage by about 5W.

P-States:
Apparently there are further power savings by using p-state, but I have not tried it: teamredminer/AUTOLYKOS_TUNING.txt at master Ā· todxx/teamredminer Ā· GitHub

i hadnt realised - i wasnt running the mem tweak with the RTP - 5 setting does that matter > ive put it on now to see what happens/// so far i have not notice a differenceā€¦

@ss-silver in reply to --RC 36 / --RC 37 I also experience a similar outcome in fact Iā€™m sure the cards that were hashing lower are still hashing lower 170ā€™s-180ā€™s (silicone lottery ?)
The change to lower ā€“ RC 36 took some of my cards to 190.4 MH with no change on Watts, however most get up to 189 MH :slight_smile:
At some point I might start to play with the VDD/MEM on these lower cards, any suggestions?

(all 24x Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 64ā€™s flashed to 56ā€™s.)

1 Like

Dream rig :wink:

Try this settingsā€¦

I have a nitro+ 64 flashed to a 56 nitro+

Core 1440
vdd 915
Memory 960

Fan Auto (51Āŗ-66Āŗ)
or
70% (42Āŗ-58Āŗ)
see whatā€™s bestā€¦

straps:

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 36 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 13 --RCDWR 12

Mine get around 203.1MH/s

I have a pulse (samsung)
with the same strapsā€¦
only difference is in Core:1450
And get around 204.3Mh/s