More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Miners continually crashing today

Not sure where this should go. I have 3 rigs and they all have been unstable today. The miner will restart with a hung gpu 0. Normally is attribute it to a bad overclock but all three rigs have been doing it at the same time ( always around the top of the hour or half hour ). All three rigs have identical down time. I noticed that at that time the mining throughput goes to 0 my on every card ( NVIDIA and Amd ) . I thought it might be something with the ziliqua pool. Removed that. Thought it might be something with nbminer, switched versions, nope. Now I’m trying lolminer but something is really odd.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Further investigation shows the following in all 3 dmesgs:

007f88fb445a50 error 4
[157959.359077] QThread[24562]: segfault at 0 ip 0000000000425b6b sp 000

Let me know if you find a solution, been having the same issue going on about 2 - 3 hrs myself. I feel like they are having server issues, which is no Bueno.

I might leave it running this next time it says it is down and check my actual pool hash rates.

Still down for me today. Been on and off. Phone app won’t even load.

Same, total pain. Taken hours to figure out it was not my internet connection and was Hives problem.

Mine keeps going out too, but when I log into the rig I can see it still running. The pool also says it’s still running so just a little annoying. Hopefully this gets fixed soon

My reported on ethermine was all over the place. I’ve moved over to lolminer and haven’t had as many issue s as with nbminer. The system still goes “unavailable” but no more drops on the pool and is acting more like what you described. What’s funny is that nbminer was stable since 39.6 came out but night before last everything went south.

What is the hive os reporting on the actual miner … when you connect a monitor and go into the miner itself… try turning on logs and then access the logs to see what is causing the crashing… should be some forensic evidence there as they do not just crash without a clue to what is going on.

have you done any recent upgrades? either hardware or software configuration or setting … if so … revert back and repeat testing to see if it follows that change/alteration.

the other thing it could be is the Watchdog setting. Is it turned on? if so… turn it off and see if it becomes stable.

Have you tried cold hard reboot? of the system by removing power and then starting the rig up again?

Just some processes to go through.
Let me know if any of this helps at all.

Westy

It’s all three of my rigs. They all are doing it. They’re all giving seg faults at the same time and the miner is dying. I have gone through the logs and kernel messages. The boxes have been through several reboot cycles. Heck I even dug into cron since the cranes are ALWAYS on the 30 minute or 45 minute after the hour. Sometimes I’m seeing three miner dying on card 0 at the same time. That being said. I don’t think it’s card 0 because in this case it’s 3 different cards along two different architectures ( both nvidia and amd ). They’re all dropping together consistently.

Prior to yesterday all of my rigs were consistent in their flight sheet, their hiveos version and their driver version.

Right now I’ve split one miner out and have it mining on nbminer on brand new os version with upgraded drivers. On ethermine with nbiner. This box is continuing the same pattern as before. So is and driver version are out.

I’ve got another mining with the original version of hiveos that they were all running ( like 6.10 ) I think. In any case, it’s running teamred and lolminer . So far stable at 20hrs. Originally teamred and nbminer and one or both would continually die.

My third rig is running an older version of lol. And is stable again. The only thing that has changed on it is nbminer to lol in the flight sheet.

It appears to be nbminer dying ( and I have confirmed via shell that sometimes it is dying ) other times it’s not drying but stats are just not returning. What I find really odd is that prior to this weekend nbminer was rock solid and running on all my rigs without incident. Now nbminer is routinely crashin.

nicely done! good to solve it. perhaps roll back to NMiner 39.6 and an older version of Hive os.

Unfortunately even 39.6 on older didn’t stop the issue. I know that nbminer is the most problematic right now but I don’t know what is making it so problematic when as I said, prior to this weekend it was rock solid on all three rigs.

Just to be clear; so you are saying that nothing was changed at all and all of a sudden all of your rigs failed?
you did not update Hiveos… or Vid or Miner versions at all. nothing?

Nothing westy. Any updates I’ve done has been in response to this sudden instability appearing on all 3 rigs at the same time. My rigs were completely stable for 8 days ( last change made was to nbminer 39.6 on the various flight sheets )

Interestingly. The instability still occurs with nbminer. No oc changes at all but one can really tell when i switch from nbminer ( crashing ) to lolminer (stable ) from a 3d stats graph.

unfortunately i get also a lot of nbminer crashes…not stable at all…and a lot of power consumption fluctuations…

do you get the same with etherminer - worth switching over?

Some of my rigs also are unstable for 3 days. I don’t get any errors or hive messages but hashrate goes to zero. Even I have Hashrate Monitor enabled, my rig doesn’t restart once it goes to zero mhs. Once I restart it, the rig start mining for some time and stop again.
One of my friend reported me the same problem.
I am using flexpool. I have switched to nanopool, changed the miner but nothing improved.

I figured this out. It looks to be something with dual mining ziliqua and ethereum. I reconfigured my miner to only mine ethereum and all my rigs have been stable for 24 hours. I don’t know what it is, but I’ve introduced a bug report over to nbminer devs to figure it out. Is anyone dual mining with eth + zil right now and if so, what pool are you using? If you’re using nbminer, can you show me your miner setup screen?