More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Miner will not power on After adding LHR 3070

Specs:
Motherboard: ASRock B450 Pro4

CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G (stock cooler)

RAM: TeamGroup Elite DDR4 8GB 2400MHz (1 stick)

Storage: Samsung SSD

PSUs: Corsair RM 850x and HP 1200 watt server psu

GPUs:
Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC Waterforce WB rev1 (Previous thorn in my side)
Gigabyte 3070 OC rev1
MSI 1660s
EVGA 1060 6gb

GPU to add:
Zotac 3070 Twin Edge LHR

The 3080 along with the mobo are connected to the corsair psu, while the gigabyte 3070, 1660s, and 1060 are on the server psu. Each card is powered by a riser using PCIe power and is connected to the proper psu.

Hello,

I have a mixed gpu miner that has been functioning properly for months at this point. Today I was adding my Zotac 3070, using the server psu for power. My rig would power on, but not get any display or link lights on the ethernet port. Checking my farm online showed that it was offline.

I then removed the 3070 and all necessary cables, but the rig still would not display or connect to the internet. I then removed all cards that were using the server psu, leaving only the 3080 in. Same problem on boot. I then removed the 3080 and installed just the 1060. That worked and it loaded HiveOS normally.

Then I reinstalled all the cards and it went back to no display, no internet. So at this point I start re-seating various components around the rig. Started with every PCIe cable, then the Cmos battery, then the ram, then CPU. No change anywhere along the way.

Now the rig will not display even with just the 1060 installed. I’m not sure what I could have done wrong, or where to go from here, but any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Hi,
Put your 3070 and 3080 onto pciex 16x … and check…

Hello again, and sorry for the late reply.

I tried a few different cards in the pciex16 slots, with no luck. PC would not display anything. Alos tried some extra ram that my friend gave me, same story. Eventually I tried a new mobo and everything came to life. I then went through and changed the bios settings accordingly. Now I’m back online but my 3080 WB is acting odd. It is only getting ~50 mh/s at 45c and 160w, when it used to do ~95mh/s at 35c ~220w. any idea what could be causing this?

Thank you for your time

Hi,
Post a foto with OC…
Tell us witch miner u use? And what hive os Version?

I am using the current version of NBminer, but I also tried Phoenix and got the same result.
I am on HiveOS version 0.6-210@211025

Found the culprit. For some reason the water pump is not turning on. Time to troubleshoot! Thanks for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.