More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Miner reboot frequently with watchdog on, otherwise high LA with watchdog off

happy new year to all.
I’m experiencing a frequent rebooting (50+ times per half-day) to my miner with watchdog on, the errors are always “no hash rate”…one of my GPS has a similar fan speed performance/downtime as the ETHASH green line shows…when I turned off the watchdog, then the LA went up high (4~5).
has anyone seen that before? (i tried to take off that suspicious GPU and keep the watchdog on…but “re-booting” is still occurring
unnamed 3333

any ideas or solutions?
thanks

Switch to locked core clocks and no power limits. If the driver continues to crash (showing 0% fan) it means your memory speed is too high usually, just reduce and reboot each time it crashes until it stabilizes. The locked core clocks should help a lot though.

hey Keaton,

Thanks for your response.

I took off that GPU and continue to run the miner with the other 3 GPUs…and the machine is still rebooting at a high frequency.

do you think this problem is caused by that specific GPU? (which isn’t on the machine anymore) OR somewhere else?

thanks

Any errors? Can you post a full screenshot your your worker overview screen?

actually, it got stabilized since this everning…no more crashes after i removed the “broke” driver…I will let the machine run through the whole night and check again. thanks for your recommendations so much.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.