More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Miner keep crashing, no matter what

I started mining on windows with an RTX3060 1 month ago and all was going well, constant 60mH/s, never shut down, always up. I wanted to upgrade and got myself a few AMD Graphic cards and decided to switch to HiveOS after I started to read about it, as many of its functionality seemed interesting to me.

So now I have a rig with 7 RX580, 1 RX570 and 1 RTX3060ti (non-LHR) and everything looks fine until I start mining. As soon as I start mining my RTX3060ti will show around 60mH/s on ETH, but the RX580 and RX570 will run for a few seconds on 10-15mH/s per second and the rig will crash and go offline, making it impossible to reboot it in remote. Sometimes, but not always an error message will appear giving me the GPU DEAD error on redminer, other times the rig wont send any error but just go offline and all metrics will disappear.

Since one week I am struggling but cannot get it running, tried everything from reinstalling hive OS several times on several USD drives and currently an SSD, reconnecting the PSU over days, getting new risers, tried different pools and miners, downgrading the AMD drivers, but it simply won’t work…

I use split my 8pin in a double 6pin for risers, while giving each GPU its own 6 or 8 pin cable, so I don’t think that its a power supply issue.

I really ran out of things to try hope someone might have a good guess about the issue. thanks

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.