More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Miner crashing after adding 5th GPU

I am able to run my rig with 4 GPUs just fine for extended periods of time, but whenever I add a 5th GPU (AMD or Nvidia) the mining software (possibly) begins to crash. I am thinking it could be related to PCIE lanes, I was wondering if anybody else had some similar issues. I am able to boot to OS just fine but after a short period of time my miner crashes and the text on the screen starts flickering. The OS detects all 5 GPUs no problem. I tried resetting all OC settings and setting up new power limits but I was not having any luck.

5th GPU in question: MSI Ventus 2x 3060 TI
CPU: Intel i5-9400F
Mobo: Asus Z390-P
Kernel: 5.4.0-hiveos #108
Driver: 470.82.00 (had to revert to this version, latest version caused all cards to fail)

I have ordered a PCIE splitter because I’m thinking that could potentially be a fix but I’m not sure.

I am having this exact same issue, also when i am adding my 5th 3060ti, have you found a solution to this problem?

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.