More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Memload is low

So I’ve got 4 RX 470 8GB, all are using the same OC settings and have the same BIOS mod. 2 are hashing at 27ish and the other 2 are hashing at 24ish. I just noticed that the 2 at 24 have a 75-78% MemLoad. Is this normal? Should I change some settings to increase the load and see if the hashing increases as well? If so, what settings would be recommended to be changed? Thanks

Hi,
Remove DPM value at first … At second you run your core at 886 ??? and vdd at 950 ?

I guess I should have shown my OC. I run 1150 core 2000 mem and nothing else, it’s interesting that those aren’t the clocks that the cards are running at. I see what you mean though. The 2 running low MH are sitting at about 880 core while the higher 2 cards are at 990 and 1050 core. That’s odd. I’ll play around with those settings and see

Check your Tref value…
Suggest you to see if you have on overclocking menu (on farm menu ) any value for DPM state…
If you have remove it …

I assume tref is in the bios itself? Honestly couldn’t find any tref value looking through hive. Google showed that it would be in the voltage tables of the bios? Please speak to me like I’m in preschool. I haven’t changed the bios since I modded these cards 5 years ago and they used to all do 28.7 mh, that’s what confuses me the most.
I did just change the ref to 30 and that boosted them all about .5mh

Do u remove the DPM value ? (farm settings-overclocking)

I never had DPM values

Dude. Specify also core voltage. start with 850.
Also memory controller voltage 800.
Forget the DPM states.
Aggressive undervolting ON
amdmemtweak --Ref 30
after all that
check how they run and then go with 2050 mem clock.
you can even test with 2100 but small steps.

Thank you very much, 2 cards are much better. I downloaded the bios again to double check and it’s all the same amongst the 4 cards. The 2 with lower hash have config of A224 and the higher 2 are at A288. Not sure if that makes a difference? The A224 configs are running 1039 core and A288 cores have 1150 core. I even tried changing the dpm to 4 just to try it as it says its 1150 core, but no luck.

Test with 2050 or 2100 memory clock

Crashed as soon as I set GPU0 to 2050. Gpu Driver error, no temps. I might keep playing around with the settings, but this might be the limit of these old cards. Thanks again for your help

In case anyone else is having this issue, I think I got it solved. Just tried removing memory controller voltage because I finally realized it was for Navi cards. I have a feeling it wasn’t even supposed to affect these cards, but who knows. Monitor hooked up to GPU0 because it’s an H81.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.