More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Lower wattage recommendation for my rig

Hi,
I have a rig with 14 cards which consume 1650W, I’ll like to lower the wattage while not losing many MH… any advice?

Thanks

You need to fine tune each cards core clock.

I manage to drop 25-30w on my 8Gb cards by playing with their cc settings.

Here’s my settings even if you have different types of cards, it may help you fine tune yours.

1050 was my sweet spot…

1 Like

Thanks I’ll try it!

Reply with your improvement, it can help orhers and myself :wink:

Hi, did not get any remarcable wattage reduction yet…

Hey mate, can’t really help you out, the only card we have in common is the 1660s and we have the same wattage :confused:

Guess best advice is to go amd … look at the efficiency difference between Nvidia and AMD on my rig:

Really interested in lowering the wattage of the Nvidias

dont use core offsets, as they just waste power. set locked core clocks, as low as you can go while maintaining max hashrate. should be able to trim a couple hundred watts off.

How do I how the base core clock ? So How can I guess which is “-50” in locked core clock?

subtracting 50 from the base clock will be what you were running, but i can tell you thats not the optimal value and you shoud start from scratch by trial and error. generally between 900mhz-1600mhz for all nvidia cards, the idea is go as low as possible while maintaining max hashrate. trial and error for each individual card.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.