More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Lower profitability than NiceHash? Help for newbie

Good morning all,

Please forgive my noobishness in advance. Yesterday I just finished moving my five rigs over from NiceHash, which is the platform I started out on back at the start of this year. I’m about 80% through the first full day on Hive OS and though the interface and usability is vastly superior, I’m concerned about profits.

It looks like by the end of the first 24h period I will be nearly 15% down on what I was earning on NiceHash on a typical day. I am getting zero stale or invalid shares and in terms of hashrate, overall it’s a couple of percent higher than I could achieve on NiceHash (thanks to lower Linux overhead I think). I am using the HiveOn pool.

So this is pretty baffling to me, since I would have expected an increase in profits, not a decrease. Especially when looking at Whattomine, which claims I should be getting an extra 10% on Hive compared to NiceHash Ethash.

Any advice or shared experience here would help me enormously to understand what’s going on. Thank you in advance.

I’ve noticed that HiveOS profits have been down about 10-15% in the last week also.

My rigs are running whilst I am on holiday and when I get back I will be digging into this in more detail too.

I have 5 rigs on HiveOS and one on NiceHash to keep an eye on it overall it was getting pretty close profits until lately. Which was about a month ago. For the last month I think it was 10% less on HiveOS than NiceHash. But this morning it’s 40-45% lower than NiceHash which is frustrating. Anyone experienced anything like that?
I restarted all rigs but not much change.

Looks like it’s back on track.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.