More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Low and "unmatched" HS RTX 3080 TI MSI Gaming X Trio 12GB Micron

Hi Gream, thanks for answering me, very interesting your response.

so , I understand , that probably I’m running “out of enough power” right ?

I have 2 1000 Gigabyte and 2 x 850 Gigabyte Power sources , in theory , I have about 3700 Watts of power.
These are modular power sources, brand new.

At this point I am “feeding” 1 x 1000 Watts = 2 GPUs , 1 x 1000 Watts = 2 GPUs plus motherboard , 1 x 850 Watts 2 GPUS and finally the last 1 x 850 Watts 2 GPUs .

What should I see on Nvidia-Info when NO PowerLimit ?

This is now.

Thanks for invaluable help.

This is what the GPU reports when it is not in a power limited condition:

Having tons of power out available with a power supply does not mean your wiring design, etc., is capable to safely deliver it.

With all your GPUs showing PowerLimit, I am fairly certain it is your BIOS or generally poor GPU engineering.

Well, I’ve tested only 1 GPU board and “PowerLimit” still there …

I Have 9 RTX 3080Ti LHR - MSI Gaming X Trio Cards.

I will try changing the bios.

Would you be so kind in point me in the right direction ? I cant find a “compatible” bios with my cards.

Thanks in advance.

Can’t tell by your pictures and those not recommended splitters whether the GPUs have (3) 8pin inputs or (2) inputs, but that configuration is where you start your hunt.

Then identify and EVGA or Gigabyte GPU with the same power inputs.

Or, just run them they way they are and move on to the next issue.

Hey Grea, great idea to move on and let the things go right as they are.

What’s the maximum HS usually you cant get on a msi 3080 TI working without power limit : 120 mhs?

I 'am at 116.6 mhs per GPU average of all rig, running smoothly for weeks.

Does it worth at all ? (those 3.4 hashes missed ?) I don’t know. (maybe you can tell me)

I’m not sad or worried, but I like to push it further if I can.

Thanks in advance.

My best 3080ti, runs <124MH/s but heats up and consumes significant power to get there, vs. the one posted above at the 120MH/s <300W.

At this point: you are 30-40MH/s under max for your rig which is between (1) 2060 or (1) 2070 super in MH/s, but at materially less system wattage consumed.

Might be worth inputting your cost of power, MH/s, etc.:

In my case, the math says: Run them they way they are now unless you get a far higher MH/s at same voltage. I don’t think that is in the future for these GPUs.

Hi Grea, this is what I´m getting now

about 1.60 Ghs = 9 x 117.33 each CPU so , I’m “in the ranges” specified here : https://hashrate.no/3080ti#ETH
I think this config may works OK ( no hangs, average HS)

Something really weird, if I write down ANY value in “Lock Core” , Hash rate drops significantly

Theses values can be 1110, 1000, 900 , 800 OR 1200 1300 1400 no matter which one you choose.

Memory is OK working in “something” like 2000 and 2400 no hangs but empty CCclock as you can see on my pics.

Any Ideas ?

Thanks for your help.

Throttle = PowerLimit condition will inject a bit of variation per GPU, as will SWThermal.

MSI gaming x/z have shitty bios who limit power

Try to flash them as supprimx, and put 1100 / 2400 / 420pl

Hy 13Y85T , tanks for your response.

Are there any Major risk involved besides (brick the card with wrong firmware)
of course a power outage while performing the operation may brick , but it I have a power supply (generator ) so not power outages possible here.

Does X trio, have a “safe bios update” or maybe I get a brick ?

Tanks in advance !!!

Hi Guys, I´ve changed my MSI Gaming X Trio 12GB firmware, and I am using the EVGA Firmware.
As you ca see in the following picture :

Now hashrate delivered and clocks works and intended, but power consumption is too high.

No power throttle anymore …

Any other Setup / firmware to try ? Thanks in advance

Measure power at the wall. Those software readings aren’t correct

Hello guys I am getting lower hash rates on my 3080Ti’s and looking to see how to up my hash rates.

Thank you

surely you can see that the one with the higher memory is doing the best. thats the only issue, the others memory clocks are lower so the hashrate is lower.

Hi, try using core 1110, Mem 2200 , Fan 100 and NO power limit , let us know yur results.

Have a nice day.

It crashes if I push any cards higher than what I have now.

Hi , please open a console from hive os and run the command :

Nvidia-info , then press enter , copy and paste your results here.

Thanks.

here are the results.

Hi , thanks , your PNY gpu is power throttling.

IF YOUR GPUs Have 3 power inputs (3 wires / 3 power inputs) you should change your roms to EVGA FTW ULTRAs ROM.

You must choose the UNTOUCHED VERSION (NOT UNTESTED) just the evga ftw ultra OFFICIAL ROM. (Choose the newest one version of ROM)

Once replaced the rom , use core 1110 mem 2000 no power limit and fan 100%

Please come back after upgrade your roms as explained.

Show your results here …

IF YOUR CARDS HAVE 2 POWER INPUTS ONLY, NOT 3 , come here again we will find a compatible rom.

First upgrade all yours 3 power connectors cards to evga ROM

Be patient and CAREFULLY.

Upgrading roms take some time , please be patient do not disconnect power while upgrading

If you dont know how to change rom (force change) come back here.

I will wait your results, please post it here.

All my cards are 2 Power inputs except for the EVGA card. I downloaded the latest firmware on to the EVGA card and it crashes if I set my mem to 2000