More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Lolminer flat quit working in hiveos. all other ether mining protocols work

The HiveOS worked fine for months, but today LOLminer quit working on Nicehash, but everything else works on Nicehash. LOLminer works on Hive Pool. Phoenix, with its crippled, low hash rate, works on Hive or Nicehash, but LOLminer literally ONLY does not work on Nicehash, but KawPOW works on Nicehash, Octopus works on Nicehash, etc.

How can this be? About 8 or so PM GMT.

Note, upgraded to new OS as an experiment afterwards, no dice, went back to prior OS version. Still no improvement in lolminer.

It is communicating with Nicehash pool, as it shows up on the Nicehash rig monitor, with ZERO hash rate for eth, and Phoenix hashes on the Nicehash pool.

For some reason, lolminer suddenly quit wanting to hash when attached to Nicehash pool and HiveOS.

What is odd is that KawPOW works fine, but the moment I used ONE card on Nicehash ETH, the whole rig fails to produce anything.

Tried yesterday also lolminer 1.30 an my 3060s. It crashes on nicehash with:

Subscribed to extranonce

Received a defect stratum message: conversion of data to type “b” failed

Average speed (10s): 0.00 mh/s

Curious why Nicehash rejects lolminer, or vice versa, all of a sudden. Any version of lolminer I try that enables the higher 37.5 or so Mh/s hash rate, it does not work. It is only a Nicehash problem, in that the same miner on the same rig mining at Hiveon’s pool garners me the 37.5 Mh/s hash rate per card or so.

Something weird is going on, and like Windows’ collusion with nVidia to destroy all video outputs the moment a second 3060 is put in a system, it looks like Nicehash is in on it.

I have noticed the same thing when trying to mine ETH on MiningPoolHub. Not sure why this is happening. I was able to mine ETH using LolMiner on Windows 10 last week.

They patched it but, voila, lolminer went into snit mode while I slept last night and I lost the entire night’s mining and I have not been able to make it work again with Nicehash today. There is no indication that it was mining for someone else. My settings were maxed due to cool night, but I overdid it, evidently.

STILL REBOOTS

I am trying all three ASUS cards on 98 fan to see if it behaves.
UPDATE: NOPE, RANDOMLY REBOOTING WITH NO REASON GIVEN. LOLMINER SEEMS TO BE SET TO REBOOT LIKE CLOCKWORK EVERY SEVEN MINUTES.

Trying all Colorfuls on 0 fan 1500 core 2500 mem, though they were all cool yesterday with higher settings on core and mem. I was getting 302mh overall, but not today, evidently.
All Asus on 1400 core, 2200 mem, 98 fan.

It seems to get its act together exactly every ten minutes, mine, reboot than start over so it is running again exactly every ten minutes.

It was running 6:16 pm GMT, then tantrum, then working again 6:26pm GMT.
Then cards randomly dropping out:

Then recovering:

Note: I put all cards on 98 fan, and it immediately defaulted to 46mh on one card, and around 26 on all the others. Evidently, it goes into nVidia Stasi mode if the fans are maxed.

It seems like it is just WAITING to go into “I bow down to pedohomo nVidia board members” mode any time you turn your back.

Notice how the one card is allowed higher hash rate, while the others are restrained to chomo-approved levels?

As a kludge, I locked the ASUS cards to 98, and it has stayed near 300Mh since then.

Mh is megahash, btw…
mH is millihenries
MH is megahenries.
mh would be millihash.

Speaking of artificial limitations, my rig was doing 189Mh on KawPOW, when, in lockstep, they suddenly all aligned almost exactly with each other, despite various OC’s and manufacturers.

Someone is monkeying with the code, because there is no way that that is natural, spontaneous, or organic.
They were from 23-25.x megahash per second. Evidently that tripped some algorithm, that says “You are not allowed to get 200Mh from these cards on KawPOW.”

So, I rebooted the rig, leaving settings the same.

Why you dont try ergo/autolykos2 if your are mining to nicehash.

3060s work great with it.

thats for lolminer/nicehash

btw: i personally prefer nanopool as you see. but with lolminer 1.31. nicehash works again with it.

Okay,strangely it was blanked out on Whattomine.com

Manually copying the parameters, as it is not actually auto on Hive, weirdly.

Nicehash-ERG is not even available, so I left the label field as nicehash-ETH otherwise it wipes out my nicehash wallet availability, strangely.

The one card does not read temps or watts correctly, but it works if I just manually set fan. Asus.
I tailor the OC’s on a per-manufacturer-of-card level, and more if I can get away with it, on a per-card basis.

Thanks for the help to start mining Autolykos. I wonder how long I’d have to mine to actually, finally, get to the point of getting a payout with it on another pool. I still haven’t gotten paid from Hiveon because they demand a 0.1 ETH when doing ETH, and I didn’t want to wait three weeks or whatever.

Why dont you all update to 465 version of nvidia driver and test it

Because that murders my ETH hashrate.
lominer works best with ONLY the 460.39 driver for 38Mh/s on ETH.
The other miners, such as phoenix, get a puny 23Mh/s or so, with or without the nVidia driver I use.

Also, I’m getting 125Mh/s on Autolykos per card. Isn’t that good for 3060’s?

Typical, on Whattomine is 110 Mh/s Autolykos for 3060, per card, so I am doing well, yes?

What is also fascinating is that I have 99.9 percent acceptance, unlike other algos. Less competition?

On another note, this is the first time I’ve seen 1Gh of anything in a GPU rig. Somewhat of a milestone.

lolminer is dead once again.

I have tried every angle, rebooting, shutting it off, starting with other miners, where rig worked fine, etc. etc.

The only thing that does not work is lolminer, and it ONLY does not work if I am mining ETH. It’ll do Zelhash no problem.

Explain that to me.

In FACT, I have found lolminer to do this on occasion. It just quits working, and no matter what you do, it will not work again.

Then, hours or days later, voila! lolminer wakes up and becomes the best ethminer on HiveOS again.

Once again, lolminer bounces back and is now hashing consistently faster than ever.

Update 21 Feb 2022 number 0.6-213.

Then, after about 20 minutes or less, it just got cut off again and quit hashing altogether.

Too bad, for a while my best cards were hitting 50MH for minutes at a time, no overheating. Evidently, something is built into them to crash them if they hash too high. It is really weird.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.