More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Linux kernel update

Hi. Where can I get the current (4.10.17-hiveos) HiveOS’s kernel source? Can’t find it in repos.
Also is it scheduled to release a more recent (4.15+) kernel version? The reason is much-much better PCI subsystem implementation, which can solve a number of multi videocard related problems.

[quote=“alf;410”]Hi. Where can I get the current (4.10.17-hiveos) HiveOS’s kernel source? Can’t find it in repos.
Also is it scheduled to release a more recent (4.15+) kernel version? The reason is much-much better PCI subsystem implementation, which can solve a number of multi videocard related problems.[/quote]
Sources of linux kernel not provided.
If you have a linux expirience you can do it from Ubuntu (HiveOS - Ubuntu 16.04 based)

Yes, I can recompile Ubuntu kernel, but… HiveOS doesn’t use Ubuntu kernel. It uses a kind of modified one.
And by the way Linux license prohibits any kernel derivative without providing its source (or at least diff) in public space.

I can not say for sure whether the kernel update will be up to 4.15+ since I am not a member of the development team. Probably yes because in my opinion it will be connected with release drivers for AMD VEGA RX series because earlier versions will hardly be able to ensure the normal stand by this video card.

At the moment, one of the users HiveOS independently assembled 4.13 kernel support for RX550 video cards are not officially supported Hive OS