More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Join the fight against the COVID-19 infection

изображение

In response to the present challenges of the world due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we invite our users to join the Folding@Home project, which is looking for solution to various diseases caused by defective proteins, such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, cancer, some others and now COVID-19.
The search is carried out through simulations and distributed computing, similar to mining on a pool.

изображение

AMD and NVidia, as GPU vendors and many other tech sites and projects, have already appealed to join the project in their home pages, social networks such as Twitter & Reddit, among others.
We, as miners, have a lot of computing power, and as we all realize, money isn’t much when the whole world faced a financial crisis and epidemic from an unknown disease that continues to spread.
We encourage you to join us and direct some of your processing power, be it some cards, some rigs, or even part of your farm to help find a solution against this infection.
This project is not about profit. It’s entirely voluntary.

How to join the project

We have prepared a custom mining package and will help you set it up.
Please note that this is a temporary solution to start the fight against COVID-19 right now. We’ll continue working on a more seamless integration of the F@H client into Hive OS

Setup the whole rig

Go to your Farm / Flight Sheets

Select “coin” FAH-CLI

Click on the “Add wallet” link
изображение

Fill the fields displayed on the screenshot below and click Create

Put your Folding@Home donor name or Anonymous if don’t want personalize your donations.

If you want to personalize your data, you need to enter your nickname here (it can be anything and doesn’t necessarily need to correlate with your Hive OS account), you can also create a passphrase so that your data cannot be distorted and also adds a number of other benefits.

After completing these steps, click on Create. You will return to Flight Sheet creation that will now look like this;

Customize miner settings if it’s needed

Click on “Create Flight Sheet” to finish the setup.
Apply Flight Sheet to your rig or rigs and start fighting against this infection!

Combined with another miner

You can try combining the F@H client with other mining software. To do this, you need to exclude card(s) from the main miner and specify the card(s) which will work with the F@H client in “Extra config arguments:”
For example, to enable it only on GPU7 you will need to add the following string:

<slot id='7' type='GPU'/>

Custom miner URL: http://download.hiveos.farm/custom/fah-7.5.1.v12.tar.gz
Pool URL is: 241055 (it’s HiveOS community team number)

Example for PhoenixMiner (all cards except GPU 0 mining on Hiveon pool) + 1 card (GPU 0) working on F@H client:

Get & set passkey

As mentioned above, this step is optional.
To get passkey youl’ll need follow by link
изображение
Put your nickname and e-mail to get your passkey. When you receive passkey on email put it on miner password field

Notes

1. The F@H client uses RAM, so for rigs with 4G of RAM, it is advisable to enable it in rigs with no more than 6 cards.
  2. The project servers can get overloaded, so first time loading structures for computing can take a long time (up to ~30 min). Please be patient.
  3. To avoid bad solutions don’t apply core and memory to your GPUs: stock setting or a little below stock will be enough.
  4. You can use Schedules to switch between ordinary mining and donate your compute power
  5. Coronavirus and projects like this are now very popular, so beware of scammers on untrusted resources. Folding@home project has been working since 2010 and can be trusted.
  6. Thanks to Dob Dobson from mmpOS project for his part of the code that works with F@H client’s API.

Links

1. Wikipedia Folding@Home
  2. Passphrase FAQ
  3. SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) project FAQ
  4. Folding@Home update on SARS-COV-2 (10 Mar 2020)
  5. Coronavirus – what we’re doing and how you can help in simple terms
  6. Gamers around the world can help fight COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Take care of yourself! Health to you and your loved ones! :pray:

1 Like

:ru: Ударим мощностью наших GPU по коронавирусу!

изображение

В ответ на нынешние мировые вызовы, вызванные пандемией COVID-19, мы приглашаем наших пользователей присоединиться к проекту Folding@Home, который ищет решения на различные заболевания. вызваные дефектными белками, такими как болезнь Альцгеймера, болезнь Паркинсона, рак, некоторых других и теперь COVID-19.
Поиск осуществляется за счет симуляций и распределенных вычислений, схожих на майнинг на пуле.

изображение

AMD и NVidia, как производители графических процессоров и многие другие технические сайты и проекты, уже обратились с призывом присоединиться к проекту на своих домашних страницах, в том числе в социальных сетях, таких как Twitter и Reddit.
Мы, как майнеры, обладаем большим вычислительным потенциалом, и, как мы все понимаем, всех денег не заработать, особенно когда весь мир столкнулся с финансовым кризисом и эпидемией от неизвестной болезни, которая продолжает распространяться.
Мы призываем вас присоединиться к нам и направить часть своей вычислительной мощности, будь то одну карту, часть рига, риг или даже часть вашей фермы, чтобы помочь найти решение этой инфекции.
Этот проект не о прибыли. Это полностью на добровольных началах.

Как присоединиться к проекту

Мы подготовили решение, через кастомный майнер и поможем вам его настроить.
Обратите внимание, что это временное решение, чтобы начать борьбу с COVID-19 прямо сейчас. Мы продолжим работу над более полной интеграцией клиента F@H клиента в Hive OS.

Настройка всего рига

Жмем на “Добавить кошелек”
изображение

Заполняем поля как на скриншоте ниже и жмем кнопку Создать

В качестве кошелька здесь указан как анономный пользователь - Anonymous, чтобы скрыть информацию о ваших пожертвованиях вычислительной мощности.
Если вы хотите персонализировать свои данные, вам нужно ввести свой ник здесь (это может быть что угодно и не обязательно должно соотноситься с вашей учетной записью в Hive OS), вы также можете создать парольную фразу, чтобы данные о ваших пожертвованиях не могли быть искажены, а также добавляет ряд других преимуществ.

После выполнения этих шагов, нажмите «Создать». Вы вернетесь к созданию Flight Sheet, которое теперь будет выглядеть так:

Нажмите на “Создать полетный лист” для завершения настройки полетного листа.
Примените этот полетный лист к вашему ригу или ригам и начните бороться с этой заразой!

Настройка в сочетании с другим майнером

Вы можете попробовать использовать клиент F@H с другим программным обеспечением для майнинга. Для этого необходимо исключить карты из основного майнера и указать карты, с которыми будет работать the F@H клиент в “Доп. параметры конфигурации:” в настройках манера
Например, чтобы включить его только на GPU7 в клиенте F@H, вам нужно добавить следующую строку:

<slot id='7' type='GPU'/>

Пример при использовании PhoenixMiner (все карты, исключая GPU 0 майнят эфириум на пуле Hiveon) и 1 карта (GPU 0) отдана под вычисления F@H клиенту:

Получение и установка пароля

Как было сказано выше этот шаг не является обязательным.
Чтобы получить пароль, вам нужно перейти по ссылке
изображение
Введите свой ник и адрес электронной почты, чтобы получить свой пароль. Когда вы получите пароль по электронной почте, введите его в поле пароля майнера.

Примечания

1. Клиент F@H использует ОЗУ, поэтому для установок с 4 ГБ ОЗУ целесообразно включать не более 6 карт.
  2. Серверы проекта могут быть перегружены, поэтому первичная загрузка структур для вычислений может занять много времени (до ~30 минут). Пожалуйста, будьте терпеливы.
  3. Чтобы избежать плохих решений, не применяйте разгоны ядра и память к своим графическим процессорам: достаточно стоковых настроек или чуть ниже стандартных.
  4. Вы можете использовать Расписания, чтобы переключаться между обычным майнингом и пожертвованиями своими вычислительными мощностями.
  5. Короновирус сейчас очень популярен, поэтому остерегайтесь мошенничества на ненадежных ресурсах. Проект Folding@home работает с 2010 года и ему можно доверять.
  6. Спасибо Добу Добсону из проекта mmpOS за предоставленную им часть кода, работающую с API клиента F@H

Ссылки

1. Wikipedia Folding@Home
  2. Passphrase FAQ
  3. SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) project FAQ
  4. Folding@Home update on SARS-COV-2 (10 Mar 2020)
  5. Coronavirus – what we’re doing and how you can help in simple terms
  6. Gamers around the world can help fight COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Берегите себя! Здоровья вам и вашим близким! :pray:

2 Likes

:uk: Changelog

Date History
2020, March 16 Released as custom miner
2020, April 01 Folding@Home integrated client released with update 0.6-131@200401

:ru: История изменений

Дата История
2020, Март, 16 Выпущен через механизм кастомного майнера
2020, Апрель, 1 С обновлением 0.6-131@200401 выпущен интегрированный клиент Folding@Home

I have also created a github gist that can get you up and running independently of the web interface, to be run via the ssh terminal, and includes the screen session and alias commands to control it, which can permit you to continue to mine as long as you have enough ram.

Доброго всем дня, запустился, но коннекты не проходят( может есть какоето обновление?

О, начало качать файлы) слышал что сервера перегружены у них. но и что некоторые извесные блогеры IT типа LTT делают свой сервер чтобы помочь с пропускной способностью, если что напишу тут новости по этому поводу, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU4qOebhkfs

1 Like

could you please give more detail to set up. I cannot get this to work. I have my own team and donor name. thank you

Now you can use integrated solution which much easy to use and understanding. Good luck!

Hi there, thank you so much for enabling F@H on HiveOS and provide us a means to contribute during these trying times!!! I have a couple of rigs that I’ve dedicated cards to folding on. I have one 1070 rig and and one 1070ti rig. The 1070s will not settle down and have a really high rejection rate no matter what I do while the 1070TIs are 100%.

There are no OCs applied to folding cards - everything is default and to keep the LA down on my Pentium, I keep the card count down accordingly. To contrast, here’s what the 1070ti rig looks like: The second rig has the same miner configuration as the first and no OC (defaults).

Can you please explain what the accepted / rejected share percentages mean within the folding context and perhaps provide some basic guidance on things like cuda-index values, power settings and other things that might improve efficiency? The F@H site does not really provide any real explanation and all configuration appears to be generalized around the GUI, etc…

Yeah I’m having a lot of rejection with no OC too: this is the miner log

16:33:20:WU01:FS01:0x22:Checkpoint completed at step 50000
16:33:22:WU00:FS04:Sending unit results: id:00 state:SEND error:FAILED project:14908 run:240 clone:5 gen:13 core:0x22 unit:0x0000001181d59d695f52602917f30264
16:33:22:WU00:FS04:Connecting to 129.213.157.105:8080
16:33:22:WARNING:WU00:FS04:Exception: Failed to send results to work server: Transfer failed
16:33:22:WU00:FS04:Trying to send results to collection server
16:33:22:WU00:FS04:Connecting to 129.213.40.229:8080
16:33:22:ERROR:WU00:FS04:Exception: Transfer failed

Anyone know what I need to change?

Everything has been folding normally then recently it stopped. I now receive a message saying “ERROR: No valid folding configuration”
I haven’t changed anything. I set up HIVE again on my drive and booted back in and received the same information. I need help troubleshooting F@H on HIVE. Is anyone else having this issue? (Single GPU rig)