More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Is my mining rig ok in my COLD GARAGE?

Can I run my 3 gpu (soon to be 6 gpu) 3070ti mining rig in my very cold garage??? The garage is uninsulated and the cold temps inside the garage reach 30°F. Is this safe on my mining equipment??? Thank you! Cheers from Denver Colorado!

Have similar place and works better than my room ^^
What you should keep in mind is that for hardware the humidity should be below 50% and its good to have some way of venting the room as if it will be totally closed and when you get more cards then the temperature inside with go up a lot. Open window somewhere should be just enough, specially in summer. I got myself an air vent as the room is small and there is more than just one miner ^^

Raf, thank you for the reply. I’m new and was beginning to think I’m in the wrong place asking the question and that this forum here is dead. So like you said as long as I consider the humidity than I should be OK with the freezing 30° Fahrenheit temps?

The lower the better. The rig itself produces a lot heat anyway. People used liquid hydrogen for oc processor cooling so its not like normal cold can do any hard on working equipment. Actually the worst are high temperatures during summer and high oc on memory because it could make the thermo pads leak oil. This in long term will make them lower the thermal conductivity in time. Not sure how the 3070ti handles that but in 2 of my 3080 I had to replace the thermo pads already, but than this is a know issue for 3080/3090.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.