More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Invalid shares - trex & nvidia

Thanks for that informaiton.

The logs show this error or FAIL

“Low difficulty or invalid share, 36ms …”

Current view in HiveOS.

Gringochuck,

Interesting - thanks for the clarification. I interpreted the changelog in a completely opposite fashion - I thought that “fixing issues with displaying statistics of invalid/rejected shares” simply meant that previously they were displayed way too often (and did not represent reality) and build 210531 fixed that. I guess my interpretation was incorrect… But, to be fair, it wasn’t too far-fetched because two builds before the latest one, I did have the same problem of a lot of those being displayed and the next-to-last one fixed these issues for me. Then, the very latest version brought this problem back.
Perhaps it was a combination of different factors, which would now make it difficult to pinpoint what caused what. All I know is that prior to latest system OS upgrade, I didn’t see the rejected shares. It is possible that these existed before, just were never displayed. I guess the only way for me to figure this out would be to dial down OC quite a bit and start from there. It was just quite encouraging that for a while (at least a solid 2-week period between version upgrades), the dashboard was showing everything running very smoothly at high OC rates.

The pool I’m mining in is ezil.me

@teymur

So the reason I knew what this meant was because I first started off mining using PhoenixMiner. Those red circled bastards were showing up all over the place and it drove me crazy. I switched to T-Rex and magically they were all gone!

I later discovered that it wasn’t that my rig was more stable, it was just that HiveOS didn’t show the red deviled bastards when using T-Rex. I thought it was weird but I figured that my rig was still 99% efficient. I chalked this up as a win because I at least wouldn’t hae to look at the red circles when there was an invalid/rejected share.

Before I updated the OS to the May 31 patch, I saw that little patch note and knew exactly what they had fixed.

You could also use the command provided by @no_moree in a previous post and look through your logs. Maybe you could see if there were rejected shares but you just weren’t seeing them displayed within HiveOS. This would be one way for you to determine that your OC’s were fine, but the patch just started showing the rejected/invalid shares properly.

I’m not sure how far back the logs go, so you might not be able to do this. But it’s worth a shot.

In-case you missed the post…

Usually writes what the problem is.
The file is available at the following address
/var/log/miner/t-rex/t-rex.log

(You can also download it to the hiveos web page via ssh with the following command. :wink: :smiley: )
message file "t-rex log" --file=/var/log/miner/t-rex/t-rex.log

I’m back on the stable build, the one that supposedly doesn’t show invalid shares with trex.

Still getting invalid shares…

Hi,
Yes i’m having the same problems with T-REX and gminer. I’m pulling my hair out!
I’ve updated to the latest hiveos now i have all these invalid red devils everywhere.
I have two rigs upgraded to the lastest and tried different nvidia drivers. All mining to Hive pool.
I have one rig with earlier version of hiveos 0.6-203@210526 and nvidia drivers 455.45.01 and mining to ethermine. Running perfectly without any red invalid shares.

Maybe it is HivePool having issues as someone mentioned before?

i’m going to switch the 3rd rig over to Hivepool from ethermine to see if i get invalid rejected shares.

have you guys tríe nbminer?
I also have issue with trex, phoenix and gminer.
gminer starts getting invalid shares after 12h, trex after serveral hours, phoenix keeps crashing and restaring.
nbminer runs with lower hashrate but no invadid shares.

Yes, there seems to be a problem with the HiveOn pool.
As I said in a few posts ago, I do not see the invalid red devils after changing the pool.
About 10 hours without any invalid share with stable version.
After that I updated again to version 0.6-203@210531 and now for more than 12 hours I do not see any damn invalid share!

Has anyone tried a pool other than hiveon pool?

@Super_ti
Tell us the model of your GPUs as well as your overclocking. This problem you are talking about is not related to the problem we have, I think you have a problem with overclocking your GPUs.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. It happens on my rig and computer at the same time. I think it has something to do with the pool because look at the screenshot of my 3090 on my pc, it says internal error, and look at how long it takes to send the share. The second screenshot is an error I was getting on my rig. It is also interesting that it happens only once a day, I think, and also at the same time. It started happening about 4 to 5 days ago. I’ll try ethermine pool and see what happens.

How much stale percentage u guys have?
I hit 5% today from 2% yesterday. :expressionless:

I was always below 2% but it was going up and yesterday it was at around 2.15% or higher right after the miner started. I switched to ethermine pool about 10 hours ago and I have 0% stale shares. My ping is about 30 to 60ms.

I switched to ethermine yesterday as well. No more invalid shares and stales are <1%. Looks like the problem is with Hiveon pool, are we able to reports this to a pool admin?

I don’t know, you can try chatting with them here https://hiveos.farm/ but I don’t know how long it will take them to get back to you. They should know this by now. The issue started almost a week ago.

Had the same problem for last 2 days. Reinstalling hive os seems like got the problem sorted. For last 2 days was getting, like 20% or even more of invalid shares and not only on T-Rex but all the miners. Those Red Devil’s were driving my nuts !!
Just reinstalled hive os (20 min job) and all seems to be ok.
Within last 6h and almost 2000 shares got only one red, invalid on hive.
Back to normal… hoping but still crossing my fingers…
Mining ETH on T-Rex with HiveON pool

I reached out to Hiveon support and got a vague confirmation that one of their providers for NA has been having network issues. No ETA on resolution

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know. We’ll have to wait and use another pool until this gets fixed.

There seems to be an issue with HiveON pool, also in EU region. The last 3 days all of a sudden I started getting invalid shares on all my rigs (i have 4 different rigs, some with nVidia and some with AMD gpus). Also noticed that the stale shares climbed from less than 1% to 2-2.5%. This is a HUGE difference and it just started happening all of a sudden!

Hi Guys,

Same as you, I had a huge number of invalid shares on my 2 rigs of 6 RTX 3080 for a few days

Spoke to Hive in the Chat room.

I am located in Asia and they told me they encountered a problem with the Asian server

It seems to be fix now as they told me they fixed the problems. Indeed, no invalid shares since 2h,
let’s see if it will stay stable

Eur/US servers might have the same problem ?
Speak with them in the chat room as I did, it will help you

Therefore, glad to say the problems were coming from Hive and not from our rigs

I tried Ethermine for about 3 days without issues. Today I switched back to Hiveon and about 10 hours later exactly the same thing happened (see images that I posted earlier). Going back to Ethermine.

Anyone tried to contact hiveon support ?
Any news ?

Some people have. Maybe they’re working on solving it, maybe not, who knows. All I know is it’s been like this for more than a week now.