More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Invalid shares on 1 3070 NVidia card (GPU)

Hi,

Strangest thing happening and would definitely appreciate any help.

• Rig has been working flawlesly for 4 months until 3-4 weeks ago.
  • Now getting tons of invalid shared (must close to 100%) on 1 3070 GPU
  • Got 2 3070 GPU on my rig - if I disconnect one, I get the invalid shares on the one 3070, and vice versa. Therefore not card issue.
  • Settings of 3070 are 1100, 2800, 0 (auto fan), 40 sec delay. Been working perfectly (63 mhs, 125W) until recently.

Changed the risers on both 3070 - no change. Tried reverting the t-rex version to an older version, no change. Tried a new OS key, no change.

Any pointers would be appreciated!

Did you try cleaning the heasink of your GPU? It might be a memory overhead problem… The temperature reportedto HiveOS on nVidia is only the GPU temp, not the memory’s

Good day,

Unfortunately this is not the case here. heatskinks are clean and area is well ventilated…
Just double checked, does not appear to be the issue.

Anything else you can think of?

unfortunately, no. try removing the GPU and running it on a test rig…

in the past, i used PhoenixMiner on my nVidia rigs - a lot of times i would get crashes or invalid shares. i switched to TRex miner - i now get 3-4 invalid shares / week on some cards (not all - there are certain cards i have identified which keep on having more invalid shares than others) but, overall, it’s more stable. Lowering OC settins does not help, but keeping the cards as cool as possible did help (less invalid shares). So, i cranked up the fanrates.

I’m not endorsing TRex miner, i’m not blaming PhoenixMiner, just sharing what i know.

Thanks. Im running on t-rex, not phoenix, so did not experience that issue.

@Community: Please let me know if you think of anything else

i got a lot of invalid share / day i was using Trex miner since a couple month ago, but now the invalid share is too much than before. my GPU Temp is 53-55 now.

OC 1100 2600 -+ 61-62Mh/s

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.