More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Intel Arc GPU Support

Hopping for Ark intel hive support! Please team, thanks so much :slight_smile:

There is limited initially support in the latest beta after installing some additional opencl libs, only basic mining support, no overclock/voltage controls

I’m taking a stab at getting my Arc gpus running on hiveos with the Beta image (dated Fall 2023). I will install the support libraries also.

I have been doing test runs on Windows 11 with SRBMiner and a single Arc A770 Gpu and it has been pretty stable. Nvidia is limiting the supply of 4000 series cards and with the exception of the 4090 the rest of the cards in the 4000 series are not impressive for mining due to gimped architecture and memory buses at 256 bit and lower. The 4080 only has a 256 bit bus.

Intel Battlemage is coming and may be released Q4 2024 or Q1 2025 latest.

I appreciate all the work the HiveOS dev team does. Will Intel Arc support be pushed into a Stable release or do you have plans for an updated Beta release this year?

Can’t say anything is set in stone as of now, all depends on what becomes popular/profitable as that is what will get the most attention.

Any update on Arc GpU’s on Hive, My A750 is smoking great on Alph. Please make Intel an
option on hive so I don’t have to use windows… :slight_smile:

Theres a little bit more support out of the box now, no need to do anything manually to get them mining. However no clock/voltage controls quite yet

1 Like

For my biofrost Arc 750 I have controls with the intel apps! Please ohh please make it happen on hiveOS please :slight_smile:

1 Like

is there any list of steps for arc gpu function, thank so much

Make sure youre on the latest beta, they should be usable at a miner level without needing to do anything manually

hive-replace --beta -y

Keep in mind OC and other controls are still limited

1 Like

Whats is the lastest Beta link? Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

when I run hive-replace --beta -y it loads 0.6-225@240130

Don’t I need
[email protected]

Thanks

As long as it says kernel #65 youre good, youll want to run selfupgrade one its running as well

1 Like

It’s detected, you can see it at the top of the list. You can now mine with it as long as the miner supports arc gpus.

Likely just the stock gpu bios fan control, youll need to open the miner in shell or look at the miner log to verify its working for the arc gpu.

1 Like

Well with miners that is use on windows for my arcs, still no dice :frowning: Maybe is a mix up with my onboard HD graphics being intel too? Also when I did self upgrade it changed the version to 0.6-255@240219, do I need to set it back to a different Beta version? Thanks for helping :slight_smile:

Nope, you have everything installed and running as you need to to use arcs at a miner level

1 Like

Thanks for the help, but no dice. Just going to hope Intel support in Hive happens soon. The A750 performs better than a 3070 at 1/3rd the price. It would be a game changer in the mining world. :slight_smile:

Hey Hive Team. Maybe this info can help Intel GPU support implementation!

Hope so, thanks :slight_smile: