More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

If you have an MSI Evoke RX 5700 XT, you MUST do this!

Hello guys, recently I got my hands on a used MSI Evoke RX 5700 XT, and I discovered that the stock memory thermal pads are very small for the memory module size. I changed to the right size and I got an impressive improvement.

This is how the stock one looks:

And this is how it looks after I changed them:

Look at the temperature difference:

Before:

After:

Very impressive!! Also, you need to add 4 washers at the four main heatsink screws… That will help lowering down the gpu hotspot…

The thermal pad I’ve used is the Thermal Grizzly Minus Pad 8 120mm X 20mm X 2mm. It has the perfect size for all the memory modules. Also, I’ve used Noctua NT-H2 thermal paste.

The gpu is very stable mining at 57MH/s (bios modded)

1 Like

Great info ,thank u for sharing this!!!

1 Like

Thanks mate!!

Depending on how old the card is, this issue was fixed by MSI a short time after it’s release, maybe you had one of those cards, but I got an Evoke which was bought January 2020 and I don’t think I’ve been having these issues

Also, would you be able to please share your settings and which bios mod you used for your Evoke, I’m currently getting 49 mh/s on stock settings with stock bios, team red miner in B mode mining eth, cheers

1 Like

I forgot to mention that!! Thanks for the comment.

I’ve used Red BIOS Editor. There’s a lot of videos on youtube on how to do that. It’s very simple (but you can brick your gpu if it’s not done properly).

My current settings right now 100% stable. (This is a low overclock, you can do 57.5 58mh/s stable if you want)

With 57mh/s, the gpu crashes on very hot days here. Altought, you can just add more VDD/VDDCI if you want. I’m currently using TRM, no extra configs needed. Also, try to keep the memory under 85c if possible, just to be safe.

Just got around to flashing it now, I don’t want to brick it so I just wanted to confirm because I know you have already done it, all you did was just use Red Bios Editor and copy and paste the 1500 MHz values into the bottom values, for both memory types, then save each edit, then finally upload the bios to HiveOs, correct, did I miss anything?

Yes!! I did the same thing as everyone else!! But after I flashed, my Evoke works only on Slot 1 (The slot I’ve flashed). But no problem for me. At least, it’s working well. 55mh/s 100% stable.

1 Like

Thank you, I just flashed it and got an extra 3.5 MH/s without any tuning

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.