More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

I have 10 3060 Ti and getting alot of invalid shares

ok thank you for the information, Can you please send me where this topic is covered heavily I would like to read up on it in depth and understand this

Thank you soo much for all the help!!! Much appreciate your time

Just look through reddit, search for 3000 series throttling, thermal issues, 3080 in particular has a lot of people modding it to make it run at all when overclocked. These cards took me 2 weeks to get stable and safe running for days at a time. I have 130 watt commercial 20inch fans blowing on each rig with the 3090 rig with two fans on it. It takes A LOT of airflow to ensure longevity with these cards. Do not trust the core temp, I want these cards to last 3 years and to do that I keep massive airflow, AC if hot, and powerful fans to cool them and give them chilled air so they donā€™t choke each other out with hot air from the back plate into the next cards fan. Red Panda talks about this happening with the 3000 series too. They are glorious once in a decade performance jump great but they run soo hot it takes effort to make sure you donā€™t degrade them quickly. Reports say 100-102 is fine but beyond that I just wouldnā€™t want to risk it. 120 is permanent damage so the throttle at 110 is already pretty close for comfort. If you keep getting invalids try boosting power level to 130, word is the extra few watts help it crunch when it otherwise would fail. Seemed to help me, good luck. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

This was most helpful. I have been using phoenix from the start and have always had lots of errors even without overclocks. I have been working through OC settings for almost 6 months trying to find the lowest number of errors. Never thought it could be related to the miner. Switched to T-Rex ā€“ no more errors! Thanks!

1 Like

Pro tip, downgrade to the .199 version of t-rex and it will give you an extra 3 MH if you are running 3060tiā€™s. If it is still available to downgrade to.

I did that all and still getting only 99.69% and with some stales shares still. I guess I will accept it as I can get 100%

i was having exactly same issue with 3060Tiā€¦ i found out my problem was my memory clockā€¦ ANYTHING over 2k and i was getting invalid sharesā€¦ ive been at -500 , 2000 for 2 weeks now running perfectlyā€¦ and yes i lose about .9 of a Mh/s but if it means 0 invalid shares then im happy.

Do you have delay on the OC? You could try fix the core to 1410 and PL should be 130. Temps should be below 50 degrees.

Invalid shares can also come from Wifi issues. I think if you plug all your rigs with ethernet cables using a switch like I did can be the solution.

Actually I verified with HiveOS doc and itā€™s more about the stale shares.

ā€œ* Large amounts of stale shares can affect your effective hashrate. Check your internet connection. Wi-Fi will cause more stales.ā€

1 Like

Lot of see invalid shares after update of HiveOs. I think GUI started visualising.

Look at the statistics of how many that are invalidā€¦ Should be 99 or above accepted or it might be an issueā€¦

Hello, im getting lots of invalid shares. Lots means lots (30 in half an hour for example). What can i do?

try 1400 for your 3060ti if you arenā€™t already. Absolute core clocks, new feature will bring watts down to like 115 on em and make em even more stable.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.