More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

How to verify security, account hijacked for mining rig?

Hello HiveOS friends,

First off, i’m not a crypto expert or mining guru.

I have been tasked with doing a third-party audit of a friends mining rig that has been maintained by a co-worker of his for awhile now.

The co-worker has been managing the mining rig for around 5 months now. Overall my friend is happy to let the co-worker maintain the rig but recently suspected the co-worker of possibly ripping him off. My friend wants me to access the HiveOS dashboard, and possibly SSH into the boxes to see what’s setup and going on.

My question to the community:

What important things should I check for to make sure the wallets are configured as expected. No additional bogus/side accounts exist. And that there is no possibility of siphoning or side-mining with this cluster?

I am very fluent with linux/networking/security/terminal/ssh but not so well versed with HiveOS. Basically my question is: what possible things should I be looking for that the mining rig is setup correctly and that there is just one known account/wallet configured that I can verify for my friend.

My friend is concerned that somehow multiple instances of HiveOS are running and shaving off precious MH/s power and that there is money routed to some unknown side account.

One additional note: I do blame my friend for not instituting best practices with the security of his cluster. He has basically given all power to his co-worker and does not know the slightest on how to manage a cluster of any type. This is the situation he is in.

Thanks in advance and cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.