More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

How to plug 8 GPU on Asus Z390-P Motherboard?

Hello,

My motherboard has 6 GPU slot but I use a PCI-e riser adapter to be able to connect 4 risers to 1 PCI-e slot.

In the beginning the MOBO was able to detecte only 4 GPU. I changed all the BIOS setting and now i can get 7 GPU connected but cannot go over 7.

I want to connect 8 Nvidia 3070. One by one all the GPU work, I changed the riser and switch to others pcie slot but no diffrence… 7 is the max.

Any idea to help ?

splitters are hit or miss, some cards work better than others with them. what pcie gen do you have set?

What do you mean by the spltters hit or miss ? I have set GEN 1

I fixed the problem. I just change order of my connection and it went good. Like magic…

1 month I tried to fix that and it does it by itself. Must be some bad cable or something not connect right.

I mean in some cases they work great, and in others they don’t. Certain cards don’t work well while others work every time.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.