More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

How to get this (Micron MT51J256M3 · xxx-xxx-xxx) stable bios?

This is RX 580 8gb unknown OEM GPU. i’ve been face hard times to overclock on this memory chip, it will keeps crashing and getting lower number for overclocking time to time. im so exhausted with this gpu.

I am speculating you have a used GPU, likely modified BIOS, but there are other things going on in that snapshot:

• fans and temps do not appear to be showing correctly. Is this typical for your rig?

IF your GPU is an actual RX580 (BIOS changes can do some unusual things), there are BIOSes posted out in techpowerup. You might want to confirm the manufacturer, and chipset, via the serial numbers and data on the GPU.

1 Like

I tried to run this gpu on windows for bios modding but it will keeps crashing until I lowered the tuning -40% on amd apps and its stable. Already modded the bios using polaris but the same problem is happening, Sadly i only can get 24mh, i cant do overclock to 1000 on core and 2000 on mem.

Run and-info from the shell, and post it.

Assuming it is Micron memory, running amdmemtweak --REF 30 should give a bit of an improvement.

Voltage is higher than I’d expect is necessary, but every GPU is different.

1 Like

Im just fed up, still not working. i assumed this is hardware problems. thanks for your help,

What does it look like in the shell with “amd-info”?

This is sample output for RX Hynix/Micron GPUs

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.