More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

How to get the rig started?

hi all, please point me to an existing (sticky?) post because i am confident this was already covered :wink:

The install procedure tells me it is “simple” but my rig wont start.

I have been happily mining ETH with lolminer 1.36 in win10 with a RTX3080ti and a RTX3090 both in 1 machine to ethermine and my wallet, no problem. I know very well what the settings should be for power/core/memory/voltage/etc but now i want to run HiveOS because it seems more stable, safe and nice interface. Also, HiveOS seems to squeeze more hashes from my crippled RTX3080ti (stuck at 77.1 mhps while the RTX3090 delivers 124.1 mhps). Some shady person said the RTX3080ti can run between 80-130 mhps in HiveOS but i find that hard to believe.

1. now i signed up with HiveOS and copied my farm hash
  2. created a usb stick in win10 with the installer.exe and the latest image: downloaded, extracted, moved to usb stick. When starting the installer i entered my farm hash.
  3. with nano i edited rig.conf
  4. changed bios to boot from stick and all looks nice, recognizing 2 GPU’s and i can see the worker (with both videocards) show up in the hiveos.farm interface on another computer
  5. after first boot the rig.conf has changed on the stick and the downloadable rig.conf looks different. Fine. Ok.
    x. later i will raw dd the usb-stick to an ssd but dont bother with that right now

A. why is the rig not starting to mine? It just gives me a CLI prompt root@worker → now what?
B. why is the rig not added to my initial farm? HiveOS created another farm in my account and added the rig to that new one. What happens if i delete that, in order to make it appear in my initial farm?

I find the install instructions on the HiveOS page very unclear and short about the example.txt vs the rig.conf in the “HIVE” dir on the stick.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.