More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

How to CPU Mine on HiveOS

My cpu doesnt show up as a minable device, not sure if that matters. I have seen screenshots that show CPU’s in the same list as GPU’s. I have tried to set up a flight sheet with xmrig and pheonix miner in it, but it seems that it doesnt do anything for cpu mining. The Xmrig just fails constantly. My CPU as listed by hiveos is below. I couldnt find any kind of compatibility for hiveos cpu’s.

Motherboard: 990FXA-UD3 Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. (F2 07/15/2013)
CPU: 8 × AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core Processor AES

Does anyone have any settings that I could try, or information that might help me?
Thank you.

The error message is basically that HiveOS doesnt have a valid config…
/hive/miners/xmrig-new/xmrig/6.15.2/config.json<line:1, position:1>: “The document is empty.”

This is my config…

In case anyone else get stuck on this, my solution was to use xmstak-randomx instead. no issues, works as advertised.

Hi super.skirv

What pool did you use for it? I got same issue to have additional CPU running in my rig.

Can you share what option you have used?

Hopefully you figured it out by now, but if not… Everything is as above, I just dont have my wallet settings there, which is just set as an “XMR” coin then the wallet is set to the UnMineable format(COIN:WALLET.RIGNAME) and I recieve TRX.

Edit, well in that picture, Im getting ZIL

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.