More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

How do I install MSI Afterburner in HiveOS?

How do i install MSI Afterburner in Hive OS? I downloaded the *.exe file onto my rig that’s running Hive OS, but I’m unsure what to do next? What command do I use to install it?

Are you sure Afterburner runs in Linux and even if it could, what are you trying to control with it?

You’ll find the fan, power, voltage, and GPU tweaks pretty darn good in native HiveOS & the right Miner configurations.

I’m new to mining and I’m trying to optimize my settings. I thought MSI tool (or similar) would help me get the most out of my GPUs.

Afterburner is a fine tool in Windows, but in my experience, not necessary in Hive or other Linux based distributions.

You’ll find threads in here about your individual GPUs to help overclock them. Most will have straightforward configuration settings entered in HiveOS or in the Miner “configurations”. A few GPUs will require you to put in some “linux” commands.

Have you got the HiveOS running, GPUs recognized?
Have you selected your Mining software, pointed it a your pools, etc.?

At the very right hand side of your GPU listing in your farm, you will find a “speedometer” icon - click on that and you can overclock your individual GPUs from there. You can choose your settings, experimenting with those, looking at each efficiency as shown on a seperate tab when you hit the Remote Access- hive shell start (you will need to wait till the little icon comes up on left hand mid side of screen, a little blue box - click on that) - that helps you see efficiency in overclocking in real time. Back to more -on topic- You can also have a look at others Popular Presets (over/under clocks) through the speedo, and try those accordingly as a great starting point. Also, some miner algos work better than others for certain coins / pools.

That is great advice! Let me look into it. Happy Mining!

Where do you change the voltage?

That little dial at the far right brings up the overclocks, voltages, etc. Be careful and research Windows vs. Linux overclocking before you burn up your GPUs:
Image 11-26-21 at 12.15 PM

Mine doesn’t have the “VDD/VDDCI/MVDD” column. How to get this on my screen?
I only have Core, Memory, Power Limit and Fan options

AMD GPUs offer more control vs. nVidia.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.