More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

How can you install more than 1 card on msi z590 a PRO?

Hİ EVERYONE.
i have msi z590 a pro model motherboard and I have 3090 , 3080 (lhr ) 3080 (non lhr) and 3070 … 3070 ti… TOtal they are 5 card.
I cant install more than 1 card. When i add second graphic card .On the motherboard Vga led is on and (white)
I have risers and Riser multiplier (the photos that you saw at top ) But still they are not working…
On the bios i have tried to change gen 1 -2-3 and cyrpto mining settings is on. Nothing changed…
There is 4 slot for riser on the motherboard they are all working … when i check cards alone they are all working and risers are working also . tested 1by1

CAN someone explain this who know this job ?

sounds like a bios setting holding you back still. did someone recommend a z590 chipset board for mining to you?

noone did recommend it. i had a good gaming pc but i just started mining. I took of the bios battery and pressed power button for 30 40 second .(also psu s were closed.).
Then i installed 5 card… with riser multiplier. Finally i can see 4 cards is working but still one of them is not working…
Also i cant open bios because it gives crash.( it was like that before i update the bios. But also with updated bios i couldnt use even second card.) i tried all options on bios with updated version… nothing happened.Thanks for your message

I’ve transfered my 8 rigs from MSI z390-A PRO to MSI Z590-A PRO and just love it. First of all no Bios setting at all unless you want to play with it but makes no difference. Out of the box I was able to connect 11 cards with NO bios changes. I have rigs with 11-3060ti and few with combination 3070 and 3080. And all of them works fine. I love MSI z590-a pro now because on z390 my bios would reset when power lost or cards replaced from UEFI to CSM boot start that disable more than 4 cards mining and the whole rig would just not work because of that and there are weird bios settings for mining on 5 plus GPUs. Not sure why you have issues with this MB but so far my best mining MB. I tried Asus B550-F, asus z590-P prime, z390 and MSI Z590-a pro is my favorite now. All rigs set up with min 8GB ram and i7 11700k processors. HiveOS on SSD and usb makes no difference on performance but I try to use SSD if I can.
I have video on YouTube on this rig and home made mining box (server case prototype).

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.