More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Hiveos NOT updating to newer version

Hi, for the last week I’m not been able to update the Hiveos on my rig. I tried today and it downgraded it to a @201107 version.
Now I cant see no option, it used to be orange for you to click on and select version.
That is not there anymore.

1 Like

You firstly need to update your Kernel. Current latest version is 140 and you’re only running 108.

1 Like

How can I do a kernel update?

Either by running hive-replace -s, or reflashing the latest stable from your pc.

Здравствуйте ,а для обновления ядра и обновления hivios нужно останавливать в начале майнер ? и потом перезагружать . Или можно при работе майнера? И после обновления драйвера тоже надо обновить ?

When you run hive-replace it will stop the miner and when finished reboot and start mining again, you shouldn’t have to do anything else. It won’t be able to mine while replacing system files, but should only take 5 to 15 minutes or so depending on network and disk speed

Скажите ,а если я обновлю ядро ,затем систему ,затем драйвера . Риг стабильно будет майнить ? Меня беспокоят ,вот эти провалы .

You should always keep stuff up to date for the most stability, but those dips are likely just stat display issues, not actual mining dips. You can check your pool to verify and see as well.

Здравствуйте ,еще вопрос ,правда он не в эту тему . За что отвечают показатели LA ?
И где этот показатель настраивается . У меня проблема с одной картой из восьми .При разгоне карты выше заводских настроек ,он не разгоняется и показатель LA отображает 2,8 или больше и риг останавливается и зависает ,пока в ручном режиме я поставлю заводские настройки . Подскажите в чем причина ? .

load average is how muck work the cpu is doing, if youre getting crashes from that card, try swapping risers/cables etc. leave the core clock set and slowly work the mem back up.

wouldn’t hurt to do a fresh install of the latest stable image either

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.