More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

HiveOS Kernel Panic - Asrock H110 Pro BTC

Hi guys,

I hope you can help me with an issue I faced some days ago. After months without problems, on Friday my rig rebooted, apparently without a reason. From that moment, it doesn’t boot up. I’m running HiveOS: after the first bootloader window, the system hangs up with a “Kernel Panic - not syncing”. The motherboard is an Asrock H110 Pro BTC. I have the latest BIOS (1.60); I’ve cleared the CMOS; I’ve tried to unplug every card and boot without any accessory attached; I’ve re-flashed HiveOS on my SSD. I had no success for now. The weird thing is that if I plug the HiveOS SSD on another machine, it works like a charm. I hope it’s not an hardware problem; from the BIOS it seems every component is working; if I run a Memtest, it completes without any issue. The only thing I didn’t try yet is to flash HiveOS on another SSD/removable device. Just wanted to know if anyone had the same problem!
Any help would be appreciated!

Sorry for my bad English, I’m Italian :slight_smile:

As you know, the ASRock H110 Pro BTC is a touchy board.

I’d load a 3.0 or better USB with a fresh HiveOS load+ring.conf before doing anything else.

Are you running with a high number of GPUs?

I had 8 GPUs on it. It’s a mixed rig. I’m using an SSD drive connected via USB 3.0; I’ve also tried to plug the SSD through SATA, but without success. Are you saying it is better to load HiveOS from a USB drive? In that case, I will try as soon as possible!

I am running that board off USB3.2. My suggestion is just for troubleshooting OS issues with a fresh default build.
Image 11-1-21 at 7.24 PM

Pretty sure if you want to plug in a SATA drive, you need to power up the board with a SATA power cable, sort of like the Molex power connectors for PCI bus.

8 GPUs should not force the CSM back into “enable” status which messes up quite a few things, but I do run mine with (7) now to alleviate a number of MB issues. Packed connectors as another issue.

have you tried another SSD Drive?

Not yet, because I will not have access to the rig until the end of this week. However, the strange thing is that if I plug my HiveOS SSD to another machine, it boots without problems! So, I’m afraid it could be an hardware issue :frowning:

ok that sounds like it rules out the SSD itself then. have you tried an older revision of hiveos ?

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.