More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

HiveOS freezes and doesn't recover

Hello, I’ve had this issue recently where the OS will hard freeze at random intervals(every few hours)
No errors appear on the screen or on the website. On discord where I get notifications it just says that the miner has gone offline. No gpu errors, no nothing. No power outages either. Watchdog also ceases to function so it won’t restart.

Using teamredminer, but the same problem also appears with lolminer. I am using an external ssd via usb but the same thing also happens on a freshly burned usb stick. Any ideas how to fix this?
Also let me know if there’s any other info I need to provide.

If it freezes every few hours, have you considered backing off overclocking on your 5700XT or pulling it entirely?

My 5xxx series will freeze a rig and even prevent rigs from booting when it gets out of wack on the overclocking edge.

thanks for the reply. didn’t know that the 5700xt is behind this, but it seems probable. It’s a pain to play with the settings because of high memory temperatures(it’s a reference model so no proper fans). Will try to go a bit lower on the settings and see if the problem continues.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.