More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Hiveos doesn't boot or recognize GPU

There is a 3060 PNY single fan GPU that cause hiveos doesn’t boot and when I remove the card, it loads and mine okay with other GPUs. I’m using a riser less motherboards (S37 a) and I tried it with another motherboard (D37), same issue. The same GPU was working fine but when I rearranged GPUs, this issue happened. I removed all cards and tried to boot hiveos with single GPU (3060 PNY) but it didn’t work. A monitor is connected to the motherboard, when this GPU is on, there is no signal even all GPU fans are running including the problem GPU. Does this mean that this GPU is dead or is it a motherboard bios issue or GPU bios got corrupted. I can’t really figure it out. I appreciate some guidance or assistance.

Assuming you are running the latest stable kernel which includes current drivers, it sounds more GPU related than Motherboard BIOS. It takes a pretty wacky overclock/error on a GPU to keep Hive OS from booting.

Do you have other 3060’s in the system which are identified and running correctly?

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have another 3060 pny with dual fan it works fine.

I’d RMA it if at all possible.

Might be able to put it in a 16x slot in Windows, flash a good BIOS, etc.

Not familiar enough with 3060 recovery to be more help :frowning:

Will try with windows to see how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.